Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello and help...

Anage

Anage

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
hi all,
After years of deliberation and dreaming I've finally ordered a T6 Ocean 204 manual in Blackberry. Looking forward to long days by the sea with my family and dog. I ordered it Mid December and was given an initial albeit "unconfirmed" build date of week 9 by the dealer. After trying to clarify this more recently with the dealer I am now being told week 18, again unconfirmed.
Has anyone experienced similar fluctuations in build dates?
Anyway I must thank everyone on this forum who have helped provide me with the confidence to take the plunge!

Ana & Claire, 2 kids and a cocker spaniel!

Hi and welcome ,
Seems more and more the ones orderd a T6 have lost fait in VW....
Reading the forum will provide comfort and support;)

hi all,
After years of deliberation and dreaming I've finally ordered a T6 Ocean 204 manual in Blackberry. Looking forward to long days by the sea with my family and dog. I ordered it Mid December and was given an initial albeit "unconfirmed" build date of week 9 by the dealer. After trying to clarify this more recently with the dealer I am now being told week 18, again unconfirmed.
Has anyone experienced similar fluctuations in build dates?
Anyway I must thank everyone on this forum who have helped provide me with the confidence to take the plunge!

Ana & Claire, 2 kids and a cocker spaniel!

I can't remember where I came across this info however here it is, a lot of dealerships are given a quota of Cali's per year that they can order. If they go over this quota the order can be delayed at the factory while the extra orders await approval by VW.

If the dealer said week 9 when ordering in december he obviosly was just luring you in. Studying the german t6 forums reveals a much longer delivery time than three months, even in mid december.
I ordered last week and got 6 months delivery.

With regard to another active thread on the forum, have you specced the comfort option for the front seats? If so are you aware that it stops the front seats from swivelling? Just a heads up on this issue as you are a family of four.

With regard to another active thread on the forum, have you specced the comfort option for the front seats? If so are you aware that it stops the front seats from swivelling? Just a heads up on this issue as you are a family of four.
Hi,
No I did read that thread but I have ordered the standard seats. So I guess I will be swivelling away by the end of the summer if build times are as prolonged as mentioned :(
Cheers

I can't remember where I came across this info however here it is, a lot of dealerships are given a quota of Cali's per year that they can order. If they go over this quota the order can be delayed at the factory while the extra orders await approval by VW.
I don't believe that fo a second, you are telling me the VW Factory is giving individual dealers a quota? Sounds like bullocks to me. A serious sales person is adding to the delivery time when asking questions from customers, an unserious is removing weeks from the requested delivery. With this method some dealers gets more orders.

I don't believe that fo a second, you are telling me the VW Factory is giving individual dealers a quota? Sounds like bullocks to me. A serious sales person is adding to the delivery time when asking questions from customers, an unserious is removing weeks from the requested delivery. With this method some dealers gets more orders.
The dealer I used has been given a quota of T6 Cali's that they can place orders for, if they go above the quota then it requires approval from VW because somewhere else will have a reduced quota and this takes time to be approved. If you have different info Kave please let us know.

The dealer I used has been given a quota of T6 Cali's that they can place orders for, if they go above the quota then it requires approval from VW because somewhere else will have a reduced quota and this takes time to be approved. If you have different info please let us know.
This is correct, I was talking to a dealer manager the other day who was unable to take any more Cali orders for the quarter.

Sent using Tapatalk

I placed my order for a very well specced Beach last Tuesday and have been given a provisional week 14 build slot (2nd week of April).

Not sure why the differentiation because, as my dealer said when I raised examples such as this post, they are all built in the same dedicated factory so there shouldn't be a delay on Oceans over Beaches. Of course, my order might get delayed yet - but I'm hoping not!

Also, I've definitely heard the same about the quota per dealership.

I placed my order for a very well specced Beach last Tuesday and have been given a provisional week 14 build slot (2nd week of April).

Not sure why the differentiation because, as my dealer said when I raised examples such as this post, they are all built in the same dedicated factory so there shouldn't be a delay on Oceans over Beaches. Of course, my order might get delayed yet - but I'm hoping not!

Also, I've definitely heard the same about the quota per dealership.
I did speak to the dealer yesterday and they said they are dictated by the factory and that the build date is as likely to come down again to the original estimate of week 9.
Seems variable at least until it's confirmed!

I ordered our Ocean 204 dsg mid December and was quoted late April / early May. The dealer has told me that I'm now build week 6 and delivery should be in March / early April.

I ordered our Ocean 204 dsg mid December and was quoted late April / early May. The dealer has told me that I'm now build week 6 and delivery should be in March / early April.
Brilliant! I bet you're a touch excited!