Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Dealer Allocation

Todays update from dealer as i asked what the supply issue was.

"It is more or less across the board but DSG’s especially and 4Motion so if it’s both DSG & 4Motion I think it makes things worse"

Could have been worse - apparently the gestation period for frilled sharks is three and a half years! The mother shark will be well "frilled" when her young turn up :)

"I have news from the factory regarding California’s and it is not the best I am afraid.

DItto just received same email !!!

that will explain no news on my order then. No issues with it as I still have my 2012 SE but I was hoping for the new Beech to arrive before the Summer, at least to give an opponity to sell my current Cali.

Ordered November 2016.... no build date yet....

I think there's something in the dealer allocation thing. When we ordered ours, we obviously looked for the best discount we could. The sales rep at the local van centre explained the allocation system and explained that they wouldn't offer more than 3% because at that they could still easily sell all of the Californas they could ever get.

We had to choose between buying locally with a 3% discount or further afield for a better one (6% was the best we had). We ordered locally on 26 November, was immediately given a provisional build date of week 2 and it arrives next week.

It would seem, that like so many things, cost and time are linked.

I did the same as you, went further afield to get a better deal. I wasn't told by my dealer he had exhausted his allocation but to be fair I wasn't told by him that he hadn't exhausted his allocation either. Just assumed that as we ordered in September it would be reasonable to expect delivery in March. Alas still at week 15 unconfirmed and worried it may not arrive in time for my holiday to France. I certainly don't want the expense of hiring one on top of the extra £1500 in VED I am now going to have to stump up. In hindsight I may have preferred to have sacrificed a couple of percent discount to have had the van in March from a local dealer but hindsight is a wonderful thing. l chose my dealer for the great discount he offered plus his in depth knowledge of the product and I mustn't forget this, as these two facts have not changed. Just wish that out of the blue I get notification that the build date has moved forward considerably.
TomSawyer, did you choose many options?

I did the same as you, went further afield to get a better deal. I wasn't told by my dealer he had exhausted his allocation but to be fair I wasn't told by him that he hadn't exhausted his allocation either. Just assumed that as we ordered in September it would be reasonable to expect delivery in March. Alas still at week 15 unconfirmed and worried it may not arrive in time for my holiday to France. I certainly don't want the expense of hiring one on top of the extra £1500 in VED I am now going to have to stump up. In hindsight I may have preferred to have sacrificed a couple of percent discount to have had the van in March from a local dealer but hindsight is a wonderful thing. l chose my dealer for the great discount he offered plus his in depth knowledge of the product and I mustn't forget this, as these two facts have not changed. Just wish that out of the blue I get notification that the build date has moved forward considerably.
For what it's worth...
Order placed week 0
Unconfirmed build date - 9 weeks later
Confirmed build date - 8 weeks later
Build - 5 weeks later

Order to build 22 weeks.

And mine (Beach 150 DSG from SMG Tonbridge):
02 Sep: order placed
06 Sep: unconfirmed build week 02
12 Jan: unconfirmed build week 09
08 Feb: confirmed build week 09

Cheers

And mine (Beach 150 DSG from SMG Tonbridge):
02 Sep: order placed
06 Sep: unconfirmed build week 02
12 Jan: unconfirmed build week 09
08 Feb: confirmed build week 09

Cheers
Wow, I make that 29 weeks......but I see you had a 7 week change in your build week. I was very lucky I think mine didn't change.

Hi Hantshog, from memory:

204PS 4 Motion
Wheels
Uprated roll bars
Diff lock
Descent control
Adaptive cruise
LED headlights
Sat nav
Colour dash screen
Multi-function wheel