Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello everyone

V

vango

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I just placed an order for an Ocean! Wait time is best part of a year, but that will only serve to keep my anticipation and excitement level high in the meantime. Have never owned a campervan before but done plenty of camping - feels like a whole new world though hence why I joined this forum to hear from people already in it. My family are already thinking where we can go and watching lots of YouTube videos to give us some idea about how our lifestyle might change. Looking forward to the new adventures that await…

Welcome! the long wait begins, we're in this together... which kind of spec?

Welcome! the long wait begins, we're in this together... which kind of spec?
Keeping changing our mind on the colour.. but for now its Ascot Grey, 150PS engine, comfort sleeping mat, 80L tank, storage net & 2nd drawer, all-season tires, removable towbar. Not seen the Ascot Grey in real life though so asked the dealer to tell me when they have one in. How about you?

Keeping changing our mind on the colour.. but for now its Ascot Grey, 150PS engine, comfort sleeping mat, 80L tank, storage net & 2nd drawer, all-season tires, removable towbar. Not seen the Ascot Grey in real life though so asked the dealer to tell me when they have one in. How about you?
Sounds good, not sure if I've seen the Ascot Grey, I think there's one on our street but can only really tell when a white one is parked near it.

Here's my order highlights:

Beach edition
150bhp Auto
White with dark velour interior
Mini kitchen
All driving assistance
Parking assistance with sensors and rear camera
Electric roof
Standing heating
Towbar
Plug-in power for campsites

Unfortunately not an option to order on all-seasons, so I'm looking at adding all season all terrain for when winter comes, that'll be a while away.

I ordered last month, given March 2022 as the delivery date, let's see! Good thing for us is we're trading in our car, so won't be without a car whether it's earlier or later, and if it's later that gives more time to save up for extras like e-bikes and kitchen pod

Welcome here. I've been waiting 10 months since ordering (just got a confirmed build week!) and this forum has kept me (in)sane. Mines also Ascot Grey - I saw it at the dealer and loved it - classic and will be quite stealthy, blend into the countryside I think. Thought I'd go for Bay Leaf Green until then. More pics can be found on this thread (use the magnifying glass top right to search for anything).
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/ascot-grey.37545/
You can change your spec until you have a provisional build week. I ticked too many boxes in the end (added sports pack and dynamic chassis control after this forum prompted), but still wish I'd ticked the art velours seats box. Instead I'll get some half pleather/half alcantara seat covers made by the company that supply the shop.
https://individualautodesign.co.uk/
Enjoy the anticipation.

Welcome here. I've been waiting 10 months since ordering (just got a confirmed build week!) and this forum has kept me (in)sane. Mines also Ascot Grey - I saw it at the dealer and loved it - classic and will be quite stealthy, blend into the countryside I think. Thought I'd go for Bay Leaf Green until then. More pics can be found on this thread (use the magnifying glass top right to search for anything).
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/ascot-grey.37545/
You can change your spec until you have a provisional build week. I ticked too many boxes in the end (added sports pack and dynamic chassis control after this forum prompted), but still wish I'd ticked the art velours seats box. Instead I'll get some half pleather/half alcantara seat covers made by the company that supply the shop.
https://individualautodesign.co.uk/
Enjoy the anticipation.
Thanks for the welcome. Think I will also use these boards to keep my spirits up.
Expected date I have is showing as 10 months too. Glad to hear your wait is nearly over. I’m sure the wait will be worth it.
I agree that Ascot Grey should be quite stealthy. Good for wild camping. I was initially considering Candy White, but the wife wasnt sure and she liked the Copper Bronze. We love the look of the two tones but dont think it reflects our personal style (not to mention the steep price tag). So we settled on Ascot Grey after some YouTube research. Let’s see how many times we change our mind!

Sounds good, not sure if I've seen the Ascot Grey, I think there's one on our street but can only really tell when a white one is parked near it.

Here's my order highlights:

Beach edition
150bhp Auto
White with dark velour interior
Mini kitchen
All driving assistance
Parking assistance with sensors and rear camera
Electric roof
Standing heating
Towbar
Plug-in power for campsites

Unfortunately not an option to order on all-seasons, so I'm looking at adding all season all terrain for when winter comes, that'll be a while away.

I ordered last month, given March 2022 as the delivery date, let's see! Good thing for us is we're trading in our car, so won't be without a car whether it's earlier or later, and if it's later that gives more time to save up for extras like e-bikes and kitchen pod
You’re right - it is tricky to identify Ascot Grey without a white one to compare with. I am still toying with choosing white. I’m a terrible sleeper in very hot weather so think having white will help keep the vehicle cooler in summer. But then again, if Ascot Grey is that close to white maybe it’ll do a similar job anyway.
I also considered a Beach I think either could have worked for us but the wife wanted an Ocean. We won’t need to use as a daily driver and nor do we need a fifth seat, but the main point is my wife is happy! From reading other threads Beach vs Ocean seems quite a contentious topic but really no need - both amazing vehicles which each have their own pros/cons. Comes down to personal preference really.
My date is June! Maybe this chip shortage is getting worse!