Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Bologna, Italy

b1gl33

b1gl33

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Good evening everyone,

I've been a long time lurker but at last, I have taken delivery of our new California.

We moved from the UK to Bologna with work last year, and part of the plan is to travel and explore Europe over the next few years.

Ordered June 2022 was delivered to dealer May 2023. Not being an Italian resident makes life very difficult so took until this week to navigate the red tape and finally take delivery.

Looking forward to new adventures !!!!

IMG_4274.jpeg

Good evening everyone,

I've been a long time lurker but at last, I have taken delivery of our new California.

We moved from the UK to Bologna with work last year, and part of the plan is to travel and explore Europe over the next few years.

Ordered June 2022 was delivered to dealer May 2023. Not being an Italian resident makes life very difficult so took until this week to navigate the red tape and finally take delivery.

Looking forward to new adventures !!!!

View attachment 113648
Benvenuti. We have the same colour, Edition model and powertrain. We also share the same motivation for acquiring one. I moved from the USA after over 25 years working there and now live in Germany. I can believe when you say the Italian red tape was challenging. I have more than a couple of nightmare automotive stories with another VW funny enough. I lived near Monza for 5 years. Germany in contrast was a breeze to register my Belgian Coast with German plates. All I needed was the official Certificate of Compliance. Sounds like you had to wait 3 months. Pazzo......:)

As an Italian living in the UK, I am curious about the obstacles you found to get the Cali from the dealer into your hands ...
If you moved to Bologna, you are an Italian resident, aren't you ? You may not be a citizen.

As an Italian living in the UK, I am curious about the obstacles you found to get the Cali from the dealer into your hands ...
If you moved to Bologna, you are an Italian resident, aren't you ? You may not be a citizen.
No, not a citizen or a resident, that is the problem. I work for an Intergovernmental organisation so we fall outside the 'norms' of everyday life in Italy !