Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Dorset...

Dorset Drifter

Dorset Drifter

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi, I collected my T4 Westfalia California yesterday, so thought I ought to say hello!

I'm finding out what's where and how things work, which is all good fun. I have already found loads of useful info on the site and have found answers to questions I should have asked at the time of buying.

Looking forward to getting away and really trying it out.

Hi, I collected my T4 Westfalia California yesterday, so thought I ought to say hello!

I'm finding out what's where and how things work, which is all good fun. I have already found loads of useful info on the site and have found answers to questions I should have asked at the time of buying.

She looks fanatastic, welcome to the forum.

Welcome ,
wonder how many T4's are still running , you see them all the time and everywhere.....hope my 2012 T5 keeps it that long!

Good work.
Photos? Spec?

Welcome. There's an English language user manual on westfaliat4.info if you need one. It's for later models, but nothing much changed.

Enjoy your new van!

Brilliant vehicles. Well built, reliable and dependable. Congratulations and welcome. Have fun.

Thanks for the replies and encouragement.

I had hoped to take some photos today, but only managed the one on my profile before a heavy shower of rain stopped that, more another day. Generally in good condition with signs of a bit of rust starting on one rear wheel arch and the bottom of the tailgate. Maybe give that some attention later in the year, keen to use it first.

It's a 1992 2.5 petrol, 5 speed manual. Lpg cooker, twin leisure batteries for fridge/freezer internal lights, 240 hook up. Not sure what was classed as standard spec. I had looked at one with a meths cooker but didn't fancy the idea of that!

I'm very pleased with it, I have had a couple of campervans in the distant past but this is my first Westfalia.

Seems the one thing missing is a auxilairy heater...?
Now a days we all got one but in the T4 times it was not so common...

Sorry, yes it does have an auxiliary heater, probably more bits I've forgotten too!

Good for you , without one i would not fancy go camping on colder or wet days...

Great T4, happy travels and adventures.

Thanks for the replies and encouragement.

I had hoped to take some photos today, but only managed the one on my profile before a heavy shower of rain stopped that, more another day. Generally in good condition with signs of a bit of rust starting on one rear wheel arch and the bottom of the tailgate. Maybe give that some attention later in the year, keen to use it first.

It's a 1992 2.5 petrol, 5 speed manual. Lpg cooker, twin leisure batteries for fridge/freezer internal lights, 240 hook up. Not sure what was classed as standard spec. I had looked at one with a meths cooker but didn't fancy the idea of that!

I'm very pleased with it, I have had a couple of campervans in the distant past but this is my first Westfalia.
Photos please.

Photos will follow next week, as I'm working until then. Yes, it has an external lpg tank.

Straigt out the showroom....!

Great looking T4 :thumb
Thanks, I'm really pleased with it. Still finding out how things all work, the forum has proved to be a great source of information. Now looking forward to getting away for an overnight sometime soon, although waiting for some better weather!

It looks in stunning condition. Congratulations.
Where is Kimmeridge?

="Borris, post: 131680, member: 10155"]It looks in stunning condition. Congratulations.
Where is Kimmeridge?[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Kimmeridge Bay is on the Dorset coast not far from Corfe Castle, between Swanage and Lulworth. A great location

="Borris, post: 131680, member: 10155"]It looks in stunning condition. Congratulations.
Where is Kimmeridge?
Thanks, Kimmeridge Bay is on the Dorset coast not far from Corfe Castle, between Swanage and Lulworth. A great location[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Kimmeridge Bay is on the Dorset coast not far from Corfe Castle, between Swanage and Lulworth. A great location
[/QUOTE]
Thanks Dorset Drifter,
Now you have told me where it is I have actually been there. Didn't know it was called that and you are right, it is a lovely place.