Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Lancashire

I do note that it is not as easy to use the California for very short journeys, as the DPF exhaust filter, passive regeneration occurs often, especially if not going on decent length journeys
Edit (oops, I missed your 2nd paragraph)
We understood on a different thread that T6s now have a forced regeneration every 2 hours......even if you’ve just given it a high speed long run. So I’m not saying short journeys are good for any diesel (or petrol actually) but the danger of the dpf clogging up has been designed out with the change from T5 to T6.

Re the parking. I do aim for the edges of car parks, but all cars risk car park dings. Fortunately fixing a minor mark on a £60k Cali is no more expensive than my old £5k Peugeot run around.....it’s just you feel more frustrated if you get one.

Last edited:
No worries :), its just better if the "passive regeneration" is allowed to complete its cycle , as the ECU notes incomplete burn cycles and that is what can bring on a need for a dealer visit forced regeneration, best people keep this information in mind as it is not a warrantable repair. best regards to all.:thumb

You'll love it. Mine's from Liverpool and is my only vehicle. I took many years to believe a Cali could do it all (hence my user name) but it can.
Thanks- that does lessen the nerves!
:welcome I agree that deciding to use the California as the main vehicle, or in my case the only vehicle, does focus the mind more when visiting busy car parks with narrow bays, hence much more perimeter parking and walking further.!
I do note that it is not as easy to use the California for very short journeys, as the DPF exhaust filter, passive regeneration occurs often, especially if not going on decent length journeys, so hence I have chosen to walk to the local shop more which cannot be a bad thing. :)

I do agree that the driving experience, especially with the DSG transmission is always enjoyable and choosing to run one vehicle is a good decision, shoe replacement is cheap compared with a plugged DPF requiring forced regeneration.....!! ,worth keeping in mind, as if the engine low idle speed is 1000 rpm after a run, instead of the normal low idle speed, then the engine is in high temperature burn off mode (passive regeneration) and it is best to let the cycle complete by not switching off the engine, until you see the rpm drop back to low idle, this all helps when not doing regular long journeys at higher cruising speed rpm.
Enjoy time with your new California.:cheers
Thank you.

Thank you all for your messages.

Piglet, I am also going to be using the Cali as my day to day vehicle, sold my Jaguar F Pace couple of weeks ago.
Good Luck in your adventures.

Thank you all for your messages.

Piglet, I am also going to be using the Cali as my day to day vehicle, sold my Jaguar F Pace couple of weeks ago.
Good Luck in your adventures.
Thank you.
supermarket carparks are a worry-I'll park at the other end and walk.

Back