Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello from Suffolk

J

john boy

Hello, we are proud new owners of a Blackberry 180 DSG from Lowestoft, we took Doris on her first outing last weekend but we found the so called comfort mattress not very comfortable at all!
It now looks like we need to fork out for another topper and the Zonesleep seems to be the one everybody raves on about. Before I spend several hundred pound on one of these please can someone convoince me I will get a good nights sleep with it?

We also hope to be making the journey down to COTF next month but notice all the electricity pitches have gone :cry: Will we last on battery power for 2/3 nights?

Camper novice John

Hi John I can't rave about the zonesleep enough I have had mine over a year now and it still looks and feels like new in fact I was so impressed I bought one for the bed at home and transformed my normal bed.
As for managing for 2 nights no problem I lasted 5 days in France last year in 35 degree heat fridge working overtime.
Just book up and enjoy :thumb

Hi John welcome aboard, we took delivery last month of our 180DSG Blackberry Cali and have done over 2000 miles so far and absolutely love it. Regarding hook up I don't think you will need it as the batteries can easily last for 3/4 days depending on usage.

Hi there John,

Welcome to the club. We too are from Lowestoft, and have had our california 140 silver grey since last November. Love it to bits, so very different from the brazilian bay we had for 3 years previously.

Just have fun.

Chris and Liz :p

SeismiChris said:
Hi there John,

Welcome to the club. We too are from Lowestoft, and have had our california 140 silver grey since last November. Love it to bits, so very different from the brazilian bay we had for 3 years previously.

Just have fun.

Chris and Liz :p

Hi Chris and Liz, I will keep a look at for you as we plan to use the Cali for a few afternoon trips to the beach. Are you travelling down to the meet next month?

john boy said:
Hello, we are proud new owners of a Blackberry 180 DSG from Lowestoft, we took Doris on her first outing last weekend but we found the so called comfort mattress not very comfortable at all!
It now looks like we need to fork out for another topper and the Zonesleep seems to be the one everybody raves on about. Before I spend several hundred pound on one of these please can someone convoince me I will get a good nights sleep with it?

We also hope to be making the journey down to COTF next month but notice all the electricity pitches have gone :cry: Will we last on battery power for 2/3 nights?

Camper novice John

I too have the comfort VW mattress and have been asking whether forum members also use a zone sleep on top of this? Haven't really had an answer but like you am wondering whether a thin zone sleep would add comfort to what we have. I'd be interested in a view.

The other option I am considering is removing the rear headrests

G

Hi again John,

Sorry for the delay in answering, we have only just come back from a week away in Warwickshire and Somerset. I am afraid we won't be going to the meeting, thought we would have a little relax for a couple of weeks. Hope you enjoy meeting all the other owners, sounds like it should be great fun.

Best regards,

Chris and Liz

zonesleep stuff ...

Hello folks,

just heard that the booked cali is about to be built at last so need to get under way with the extras - thanks for all the tips on the forum so far.
I'm about convinced that the zonesleep is the mattress topper to go for but not sure whether the roof or bottom bed version - hope to sleep in the roof if the dreaded night time movements are workable but wondered if it was worth just getting the main bed mattress .Has anyone used the bigger mattress in the roof bed ? This would give the options I suppose .....
Also see that there are 'second skin' seat covers for sale through amazon much more resonably than the Brandrup - any thoughts ?

cheers,

alex

I see no reason why you can't use the downstairs ZoneSleep topper upstairs as long as its removed before closing the roof. That's a good idea actually

Thanks -

have just ordered the downstairs zonesleep plus one of those bugees .... just need a towbar bike rack ...... and of course the cali , the dealer says one week to build and 2-3 for delivery etc - that sound about right ?

alex

john boy said:

Camper novice John

Welcome, I'll keep an eye out as we are near Halesworth and often on the A12. We haven't tried the zone sleep in our beach as we're happy with just our memory foam topper i bought from the factory shop. We also have a small solar panel from maplin that plugs into the 12v socket in the boot to keep us topped up when no ehu. Usually helps us keep enough charge to run waeco fridge and heater all night.

solar panel ...

The solar panel you mention sounds interesting - is it really that simple- plug it into one of the cali 12volt sockets and it will charge the leisure battery?

thanks

alex

We've just bought a Zonesleep mattress for the upstairs after trying various methods to make it the VW mattress more comfortable. I was a bit concerned about the price but it was a last ditch attempt to improve comfort. I'm very pleased to say that we like it very much. Not only that but because of a roof closure failure (see other thread re this) we slept downstairs. The upstairs mattress fits perfectly well downstairs. I've read elsewhere on the forum about the downstairs mattress being worse for sleeping than upstairs but we didn't find this to be the case and had our best nights sleep of the four that we were away. :D