Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello... hoping i've made the right choice!

calamityjen

calamityjen

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Hi, I've just part-ex'd my Trigano Tribute motorhome for a California (2012), i'm slightly scared - reading about roof corrosion and such things - so hoping i've made the right choice!!

It has a few holes in the roof canvas, but i'm hoping I can repair those - they're not too big.

Anyhpe, hello! *waves*

Welcome Jen,

Holes? Mine is looking slightly moth-eaten. £20 of tear-aid all fixed.

Roof rot? Well, if it happens, it's not structural, just ugly, but then so am I.

Smile to mile ratio? Time to change the teeth. They are going to see a lot of sunshine.

Welcome. A Real big welcome xx

Welcome calamityjen!
I bet you made the right decision! Just check with your local VW dealer to fix your roof, fix your canvas as @GrannyJen wrote and be sure you buy that bungie thing from the shop to avoid further damage.
However most important: start planing some trips and get excited!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Welcome on board .

oh, that's reassuring! Thank you :D It's not brand new, and from Glossop caravans, so not sure they'll be much help there!

welcome to the forum Just keep your eye on the roof when you close it to make sure it doesn't get trapped.

Ref the decision... I coach people and I'm often helping people with decision making - there is no such thing as the wrong decision - just fearful thinking. have fun discovering the new toy!

Hi Jen,
Although the roof fixis spoken about and you may already understand it's not completely spelt out here from what I can see. I'm no expert but if you find the date of registration and your van is under 6 years old (which yours clearly is with my maths :confused:) you can take it to a VW dealer to be assessed and they will run with it to get it repaired provided it is evident that the corrosion is coming from under the paint. DO NOT pop the blisters.
If they agree this is a manufacturing problem :rolleyes: then you will be eligible for a fix which seems to include a new canvas :thumb .
Enjoy your California.

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Next stop a VW Dealer and get them to check the roof and if the Galvanic Corrosion is present, on the list for a no-cost Repair.

I don't know what the ratio is but it seems to me the number of people who complain about roof corrosion is quite small compared with the number of Californias on the road. Of course no-one posts 'my roof is fine' so you only hear about the ones with corrosion.

Back