Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hello, news on factories closing?!

J

JollyHoliDays

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We called our deal this morning to ask about adding a towbar to our order. We were worried we are too late as we had previously heard our build (Ocean) was scheduled for mid-march.

The dealer told us the factories in Germany are closed and our status code is back to 00 !!

Anyone else heard similar?

We called our dealership yesterday and they were very stressed having meetings about the Ukraine war and how it was affecting production.

today:

recent :

i.e. the value of our Cali has just gone up. I bet that guy with a Beach on sale will put it back above 80 Grand!

We have just been told the same as did some further digging on our new delay and turns out we no longer have a build date due to factories being closed with no re-oping date

We are having a problem getting out Focus ST repaired from the storm damage. We were told to take it in as they had ordered the parts after a week we asked how it was going and they still hadn’t received the part from Germany. We brought the car back home. I emailed Days in Swansea to see if they had a rear spoiler in stock, answer no. Asked how long to get one, days ? Weeks? months? Answer months. So not holding my breath.

Business opportunity!! Learn how to make automotive electrical harnesses - then call VW, Audi, Porsche and a few others.

today:

recent :

That first link is actually 2020 - and Covid related.

I did think this would happen to my Hymer order. It’s an inconvenience I guess, but at least no one is bombing my home.

Your hymer base vehicle, is it Ducato or Marc? Ducato should be largely unaffected.

I received a letter on Monday explaining the delays and saying there is no news on the order nor will there be soon. They said the centre would contact me when there was any progress. I ordered a Beach Camper in July 21 and it was due to be built this month and delivered next month. So it’s now wait and see but I’m assuming this is a fairly substantial impact with the factory closing etc, it’s happening to other German made cars.

I wonder if they close the order books like some other VW models? It’s currently taking 10-12 months or longer to supply a California, with the additional delays now happening, who knows how long it will take for Californias to be built. I ordered at the beginning of June.

Your hymer base vehicle, is it Ducato or Marc? Ducato should be largely unaffected.
Hymer motorhome are made in Germany regardless of which chassis is used. It appears that many German factories are shutting down because of the uncertainty. I was told the other day that BMW are now having problems shipping cars and parts.

If VW did what most OEM's did after the Japanese Fukushima disaster they will have switched to dual supplier sourcing - meaning every part can be made by two or more suppliers who are strategically apart. When the disaster hit many car manufacturers, including the one I worked for, had to halt production because 2nd and 3rd tier suppliers in the zone were affected and they were the only ones making those parts. Since then strategy was changed to make sure it never happened again. IF VW did this then there will be a pause as they spin down Ukrainian suppliers and increase production in the backup supplier. This can take anything from 1 - 4 weeks and is to do with hiring more people to creating more warehouse space and sourcing the raw materials. Let's see because all these links are quite low in actual detail and the key one now several weeks old and more related to ID production.

Hymer motorhome are made in Germany regardless of which chassis is used. It appears that many German factories are shutting down because of the uncertainty. I was told the other day that BMW are now having problems shipping cars and parts.

BMW are having additional difficulties because they have a plant in Ukraine. The automotive industry generally is having chip difficulties because of the shortage of chips made in the Far East in factories closed during the CV pandemic. The chip shortage does not affect Hymer, only the base vehicle manufacturer. Most hymer deliveries in the last six months have been staggered back by about three months due to base vehicle deliveries but those delays are already in the delivery promise.

If VW did what most OEM's did after the Japanese Fukushima disaster they will have switched to dual supplier sourcing - meaning every part can be made by two or more suppliers who are strategically apart. When the disaster hit many car manufacturers, including the one I worked for, had to halt production because 2nd and 3rd tier suppliers in the zone were affected and they were the only ones making those parts. Since then strategy was changed to make sure it never happened again. IF VW did this then there will be a pause as they spin down Ukrainian suppliers and increase production in the backup supplier. This can take anything from 1 - 4 weeks and is to do with hiring more people to creating more warehouse space and sourcing the raw materials. Let's see because all these links are quite low in actual detail and the key one now several weeks old and more related to ID production.
According to this story on Bloomberg

the company making the VW wiring looms in Ukraine (Leoni) is trying to do just that and spin up extra capacity elsewhere.

Maybe Mr Putin’s frozen assets should be used to compensate waiting Cali owners - but only after he rebuilds Ukraine and compensates the thousands directly impacted! It’s a god awful time for the world.

BMW are having additional difficulties because they have a plant in Ukraine. The automotive industry generally is having chip difficulties because of the shortage of chips made in the Far East in factories closed during the CV pandemic. The chip shortage does not affect Hymer, only the base vehicle manufacturer. Most hymer deliveries in the last six months have been staggered back by about three months due to base vehicle deliveries but those delays are already in the delivery promise.
Only time will tell what happens but it doesn’t look good at the moment. Lots of things were made in Ukraine but alas no longer. Let’s give our love and help to the people of Ukraine. Where we could rely on China for many of our day to day goods that has now coming to an end.

I called a local dealer today about an order I’m potentially placing with them.

He said things are chaotic because they are going to be closing the factory for 2 weeks

Maybe Mr Putin’s frozen assets should be used to compensate waiting Cali owners - but only after he rebuilds Ukraine and compensates the thousands directly impacted! It’s a god awful time for the world.
I’m afraid Camper van owners are going to be way way way way down the list. There’s millions now directly involved, and only one person has done it. Long live Ukraine...

Top class analysis and hysteria fretesigned to getting my ocean in 2023
Should have been March this year !!

Spoke to JCT 600 commercial” Sheffield yesterday as our Cali is now 3 years old and we could have contemplated exchanging it for a T6.1
The sales staff info was that there is now a 2year waiting list and that they haven’t anything to show us as a demonstrator, the sales man sounded sanguine about the dire situation he was in,
He also said that the situation is fluid regarding new basic vans !

guess we are keeping our T6 which I’m happy about!

I expect we may well see an escalation in the prices for second hand VW vans of all descriptions and that in turn will make them more interesting to the under-world market!

Back