Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

At last - the Beach calls!

Fast Freddie

Fast Freddie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello!

We have now arrived at Calli ownership - we nearly got there last year as the T5 model was coming to a close. I had a classic car to sell and we could not find a colour and spec left that we liked in the remaining T5's that were for sale in local dealerships, so we decided to wait for the T6 to come out.

Sold my classic car last month on a Sunday morning and that Sunday afternoon we were at the local dealership pricing up what we wanted - a 7 seater Beach with dark upholstery. Well as you all know, pulling together specs and costs is never that simple or straightforward, and it was whilst we we doing this that we had a look at their current demonstrator, which had 410 miles on the clock and was almost exactly what we thought we wanted, but had a few additional extras over the ones we were planning to order. Long story short it was priced about the same as the spec we thought we wanted but had a lot more extras. We did the deal and had to wait for the 3 months to complete before they could release it to us, but now it's ours.

Having joined the VWCC and slavishly trawled all the forums we have realised that many of the extras ours came with we would have actually wanted in hindsight (like privacy glass and the overnight heater which we had not considered previously), so we are very happy with the outcome we have, and we also shaved months off the waiting list.

Meet Harvey (as in R.V. for recreational vehicle - yes I know it's an old name much used ) - picture attached hopefully! He has a grandfather in our garage too as we are also lucky enough to have bought a 1967 splitscreen microbus a couple of years ago - called Freddie - who is on my Avatar. Freddie is a 9 seater but somewhat slower despite his heavily modified engine!

The VWCC forum is really great and I love the creativity of its members and useful information it contains, and it has been really useful in helping us work out what we need in our Beach. We have also bought some things from the club including the essential spare safe device and some awning tie downs. We are planning to get to use him this year in the UK and next year we will venture into Europe, so no doubt I'll be asking for advice as we approach next spring about the best camp site apps and websites for Europe.

We hope to meet some of you in the various get togethers the club organises. Please keep the forums going, there is no such thing as a bad idea or post, the imaginative ideas that people have are great to share and enable others to learn and build on what has gone before. We are hoping we too will be able to contribute more meaningfully soon.

Clipper - 1 (1).jpg

Nice , the only thing we need is real summerweather!
Let the fun begin.
A classic VW is very cool but guess this will bring you much further....and with more ease of mind.

It's nice when it happens like that hi remember our first time We went in to buy a van for a conversion and ended up buying a California instead.

Back