Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help - part needed

H

HamishEeyore

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Can anyone help. Our 2019 Ocean has been at the dealership for 3 weeks, waiting for a replacement tap. The tap suddenly stopped working a month ago and it has been diagnosed as needing a replacement tap. We are going on holiday on Friday and we have had a call from the dealership to say the tap still hasn’t arrived and there isn’t one available anywhere, nor a vehicle to take one off. I’m trying to find one myself! TheY said the part is V7E7070135A, but this doesn’t bring any internet searches up. Any ideas anyone? Don’t want to go away without a working tap. It needs to be the genuine vw tap for warranty etc.

I'm surprised it is the tap itself.

Is normally the pump and/or switch.

Have you tried the club shop? They might sell this or know where to get hold of one at short notice.

Before purchasing our Cali, we hired one to try out. The tap was defective, more exactly it is the switch in the tap which is defective. The renter had temporarily solved the problem by unplugging the cable and putting a temporary switch on the end of a wire. We just had to turn on this switch in addition to opening the tap, and not forgetting to turn it off afterwards. Could be a solution for you.

Don’t think much of the dealership holding onto the vehicle waiting for a spare part to arrive for a minor issue. Could they not contact you when the part arrives? Sounds crazy to me.

I'm surprised it is the tap itself.

Is normally the pump and/or switch.

Have you tried the club shop? They might sell this or know where to get hold of one at short notice.
Thank you, but it has to be a VW part through their own channels due to warranty. We were surprised it was the tap too, but this is what the dealership have diagnosed. Apparently it is an uncommon fault.

Thank you, but it has to be a VW part through their own channels due to warranty. We were surprised it was the tap too, but this is what the dealership have diagnosed. Apparently it is an uncommon fault.
The problem is 99% guaranteed to be the microswitch but VW will only replace the whole tap and the defective tap will be returned to the manufacturer, who is not VW.

Plenty for sale in Germany unfortunately.
Drop the V from the number when doing a search. Eg: 7E7070135A

They sell the taps in the club shop, was cheaper than Volkswagen, they also get bits on on special order if you phone them

Don’t think much of the dealership holding onto the vehicle waiting for a spare part to arrive for a minor issue. Could they not contact you when the part arrives? Sounds crazy to me.
It was our decision to leave it there until fixed, but there was nothing to suggest that the part was so difficult to locate and it has gone on and on. With the benefit of hindsight we would have brought it home again.

Plenty for sale in Germany unfortunately.
Drop the V from the number when doing a search. Eg: 7E7070135A
Aaah - thank you. I was wondering why I couldn’t find it when searching.

I really wouldn’t let not having a working tap ruin my holiday..When you think about it what use is the sink...No use...I would personally have a few 2 litre bottles of water available and just use those..Get the tap fixed when you get back..
We will still go away, but I will miss the tap and sink. We use it a lot. Just looking at extra water containers now!

Before purchasing our Cali, we hired one to try out. The tap was defective, more exactly it is the switch in the tap which is defective. The renter had temporarily solved the problem by unplugging the cable and putting a temporary switch on the end of a wire. We just had to turn on this switch in addition to opening the tap, and not forgetting to turn it off afterwards. Could be a solution for you.
Really interesting solution - thank you.

Back