Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help please

R

Richard01

I am thinking of buying a Cali from a vw dealership, 4motion, 180ps. Any tips? Is there an option that is simply a must have? Is the 4motion worth the extra money? It is a 16k miler, sept 2010' for about £39k, does that sound reasonable to people? Many thanks to all.

Hi and welcome
The Cali you have described sounds very good value to me at that price I would say your not paying extra for the 4 motion
That's the sort of price you would be paying for a normal Cali. What extra' s does it have.i like my awning,my privacy
Glass and my front and rear parking sensors.which dealership is it advertised at.

Thanks for responding, much appreciated. It has awning, privacy glass, parking sensors, multifunction steering wheel, aircon. There are other things, but they sound standard to me, like parking heater etc. There are newer calis on the web, at about the same price (not 4motion), but it feels better to me to get slightly older 4motion than newer 2wd, does that make sense?

Yes in my opinion only it is better to get a second hand higher spec model than a newer lower spec
It sounds like its got quite a few goodies on it.

I reckon that would be around 50k new then... buy it. Sounds great...

Ooh, I am getting quite excited! So no one is going to tell me to be sensible and pay some of the mortgage off?

You must be joking mate get out and live it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am now wondering whether buying a new Cali would be better for me. Has anyone heard whether the current model will be replaced any time in the near future?

Hi I have not heard of anything in the pipeline to change the Cali
Prehaps Alex at smg Volkswagen may know. I would have thought as the facelift is fairly new they will leave it a little while

I think if there was a new Transporter van announced, you would possibly see the basic transporter van get updated, with the current Cali running alongside for a while until the cabinets and other habitation fit out was adapted or replaced.

It may take a while longer for the development of these fitments, although saying that VW may also just have all models developed including the Cali & announce them all in one go. Regardless I personally don't think a new van is imminent (next 6-12 months), & even if it was Cali residuals are so good I doubt it would make any difference.

Just my 2p

Sounds great, thanks to both of you. New 4motion in Olympian blue or sand beige it is then (undecided as yet)! 16 week delivery apparently. :p

Also I might add we pick up our new 4motion DSG in silver a week on Saturday ;)

So as you can probably tell we're not bothered :lol:

Back