Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HELP! THULE TOW BAR BIKE RACKS

veg_frenzy

veg_frenzy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Morning all. I am looking for some support from members regarding recent Thule tow bar bike carriers for my 2014 T5 Califonia. Based on what I need, I am thinking of 3 models (Velo Compact 2, Velo Space XT2, EasyFold XT2). A key decision criterion for me is if the rear door still able to be opened with bike carrier and bikes in place - I believe all versions are suitable. I am hoping that some members here will have experience of these models, so would be able to provide some photos/videos of them in place, lowered, rear door open, etc. I'd be happy to consider travel to a members location if that made sense. Many thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

We want with the Pro-User Diamant SG2 Plus. Tailgate fully opens when tilted (must use the Plus version). Very happy would purchase again.

I've got the EasyFold XT3 on my T6.1. It's a great rack and so easy now to transport my big 29'er and my son's MTB (space for the missus bike just incase she wants to ride!). I don't use the nearest bike space to the van as the handlebars would hit the back of the van, without turning them 90 degrees. As stock spec you can't open the boot, but at some point I'll try the trick of removing the end caps as mentioned in one of the videos (although I'll probably make some flush replacements rather than leaving out totally).