Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help! Wardrobe and roof lights won’t turn off!

M

Manya

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Just loading up the van for a weekend away and noticed the wardrobe light is still on when the doors are close. While trying to sort that out I see a chink of light from the roof lights. Neither are turning off when I lock the van. It’s a 2018 Coast.
Any ideas? I’m afraid of flattening the battery while stationary for three days at a festival and having to find a jump start on Monday morning.
Thank you in anticipation of a simple answer

It's the micro switch. Tape it up or adjust it

Ok, thank you… where’s the micro switch? I am very much a lightweight with sort of stuff.

The roof lights & wardrobe lights are switched independently of each other.

As its a coast I assume its an early T6.1 with a manual roof? if so have a play around with the Camping mode on the control panel & also try turning them off in the lighting settings there.

I seem to remember that the Coast roof lights are also linked to a speed sensor so they go off when the van is driven - try taking the van round the block & see if that turns them off.

Are you 100% sure the roof lights are on & its not just wardrobe light that you can see?
(if it is flying Banana might be right)

Thanks for this. I’ll try the driving thing.
It has an electronic roof.
Do you know where the wardrobe micro switch is or what it looks like? One day I’ll study the manual properly rather than employ the ‘need to know’ method.

Thanks for this. I’ll try the driving thing.
It has an electronic roof.
Do you know where the wardrobe micro switch is or what it looks like? One day I’ll study the manual properly rather than employ the ‘need to know’ method.
If its the electric roof the light normally goes off once the roof has dropped just 10cm from the fully up position, thats the problem people were having with a sagging roof.

With most T6.1 control panel problems - & this sounds to me like the control panel, they can be fixed by pulling a couple of fuses (someone will chip in with which ones ) or disconnecting the under bonnet battery for a minute or two to reset everything.

Excellent! I like the switch it off and on again solution - I worked in IT

So, it was so easy in the end. The micro switch is on the top hinge of the wardrobe. So you get hold of the box the hinge is attached to and just pull it towards you with a bit of heft and wow, the micro switch makes contact again with bendy door and switches off. Marvellous. Thank you all for your help. And yes ‘flying banana’ the light from the wardrobe light was leaking up and made it look as though the roof lights were on too.

@Manya
When you set up your account you must have put in your vehicle details as a T4 Pop top
the attached shows what others can see about your profile.

When people answer questions they base the answers on that info hence the confusion.IMG_4722.jpg

Manya, had exactly the same issue on the wardrobe last week, can only imagine that we caught the level on the switch pulling something out the wardrobe and bent it slightly. Doesn't look the strongest of switches!

Back