Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

HELP! Side lights and rear lights wont switch off!

I suppose the good thing is it’s not BBQ’d itself yet as (sadly) in my experience random electrical maladies are usually a short in the loom somewhere due to chafing or rodent damage. I have no advice other than I’d get it looked at sooner rather than later.

The saga continues. Got my local mechanic / auto electrician to have a look. Apparently the left seat base had loads of water around it. He recons thats the cause of the electrical gremlins - sounds plausible to me. Any thoughts on leak location / where to look? Have booked it into a dealer in April as a last resort!!

Check the waste water tank on top, your sliding window might be leaking.
Or check the roof drainage at the front.

The saga continues. Got my local mechanic / auto electrician to have a look. Apparently the left seat base had loads of water around it. He recons thats the cause of the electrical gremlins - sounds plausible to me. Any thoughts on leak location / where to look? Have booked it into a dealer in April as a last resort!!
As @westfalia says, could be the roof drainage channels. There have been various threads about this, like this one: https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/leaking-roof.4428/#post-41644

Thanks again guys. I'll have a look around. Desperately trying to avoid the trip to the dealer! Fingers crossed if I can find the leak then the electrics can be sorted!

The weird thing is that I havent noticed a leak - the carpets feel ok etc. Apparently the water was all under the flooring.

Back