Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help with missing bed bracket case please

AGuest

AGuest

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi, we have a 2011 T5 SE CALIFORNIA - we are missing the plastic casing that goes over the lower bed metal bracket fitting for the lower bed. Really struggling to get one and we can't use the downstairs bed without it.

Any ideas please :)

Do you have a picture of the place you are missing the trim

The metal is there but wouldn't stay in place without the plastic, kept slipping down and falling onto the boot floor

7E7 067 110 A 30T. £6 from vw give the shop a ring if not

As others have said, the plastic bit is purely a bit of trim, if the bed won't stay up there's something else wrong.
Our first van did 6 years with the plastic bit missing, once its been knocked off the tabs never grip properly again.

Lol,
if I'd have seen that ' others ' had given the same opinion I wouldn't have bothered posting.
Who are the 'others' ?
I politely disagree. One person's opinion (although right in this case) may not always persuade. Especially since there might be contrasting opinions on a thread. But if 27 people on the forum are saying the same thing, you'd better listen ;-)

Lol,
if I'd have seen that ' others ' had given the same opinion I wouldn't have bothered posting.
Who are the 'others' ?
I was referring to you & Welshgas - the OP seemed to be ignoring what you & Welshgas are saying. I was just reiterating what you had said. I still don’t think he is listening!

That plastic trim is exactly that, a trim piece, not structural. Mine has been in a box in the garage for the last 3 years.

If the bed is falling out then it might be because it is missing the rubber cups on the hinge end of the bed board. They wear out and fall off. If both were missing that might make that end 'narrow' enough to allow it to fall out.
You can buy replacements. I have just replaced mine with a segment of washing machine cold water fill hose which is about the right internal and external diameter.

Is the van new to you? 2011 I think the bed board is solid rather than the grill. Is it straight or could it be warped/bent from e.g. water damage. If slightly warped it might lift the hinge nearest the seat when laid flat allowing it to fall out?

Back