Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hi Everyone

J

Jack Slade

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hello
Thanks to everyone who contribute to this forum as I have my Cali on order, due March.
I think you tipped me over the edge with advice placing me on a much surer footing as otherwise the endless list of options and resulting confusion would have delayed me for months.
Never having owned a camper van but having had years of camping where our children were younger puts little doubt in our minds that we will enjoy.
All the best
John

Hello
Thanks to everyone who contribute to this forum as I have my Cali on order, due March.
I think you tipped me over the edge with advice placing me on a much surer footing as otherwise the endless list of options and resulting confusion would have delayed me for months.
Welcome.
I, like most newcomers, also valued the wealth of experience on this forum's threads.
What spec have you gone for?

Welcome , until 4y ago i never owend a campervan , but loving my 2012 SE !

Welcome Jack Slade, I love camping with car&tent, walking, hiking and riding bikes so my 2005 Cali was the logical step to take for me and until now I do not regret anything about this decision. Look forward to some pics about your new Van!

Hello Jack and a warm welcome ... :thumb

I'm sure over time you will have lots of questions and you will find people on here only too willing to help.

We are of course looking forward to lots of pics and lots of adventures. I'm sure that when you get your cali you will think it the best thing that you have ever done.

Welcome. Winters coming so time to start planning your adventures for the years to come.

Welcome and congratulations on your decision!:thumb

Welcome John. March will be here before you know it. Plenty of time to plan those initial adventures :)

Thank you for your comments.
Sorry for the late reply but just back from Kos with the Grandchildren, lovely time but exhausting!
I have plenty of time to digest the advice although I have been reading for many weeks now to avoid costly mistakes but I do like the feeling here that I can ask and be helped.
I am going for an auto. The last one I drove was my fathers Triumph 2000 so showing my age. A test drive was fine and never went for the missing clutch once.
I have ordered the starter pack, worktop protectors and the spare wheel lock.
Hope to get seat covers and carpets before March and then the camping basics kettle etc.
I will probably go to the New Forest straight away so we can get some experience and not look too embarrassing for our first trip out.

Back