Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

High Level Brake Light...

Just had replacement lens fitted. Apparently my California was included within the 'recall'. Good service again from VW Van Centre, Edinburgh!
And another thumbs up for Edinburghh Van Centre....they also made sure my van got back on the road for last weekend's epic plan after it rolled up on a transporter on Friday lunchtime! 3 cheers for Edinburgh!

I noticed the lens on my high level brake light had fallen off yesterday - at home, it was on the floor behind the van. Not a hope in hell of getting mine done as a recall on a 10 year old van but I've booked it into the garage I use for servicing etc (the one used by the MH dealer I bought the Cali from) as it seems somewhat awkward for DIY.
I've covered it with some sellotape for now as they can't take it till Thursday week - just hope the tape doesn't stick TOO well and damage the paint when they take it off.

Still that's three things now - electric tap stopped working, that will have to wait till the light is fixed (different workshop), tailgate brakelight, and I scratched the side of the van on the hedge on my way out of the campsite last week! Hope that's it for a while.

I would still ask a Vw dealer first to see if you are covered by the recall, nothing to loose.

I've got a new spec one that i bought when my lens fell out, two weeks later it went in for a service and was replaced as part of the recall program. Your more than welcome to it for the cost of postage if it helps

I've got a new spec one that i bought when my lens fell out, two weeks later it went in for a service and was replaced as part of the recall program. Your more than welcome to it for the cost of postage if it helps

That would be great, thanks - I'll message you!

I don't think I'm going to even try with the local VW people - haven't heard good reports.

Back