Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

High mileage experiences.

Fredwyte

Fredwyte

hi,
I would be interested to know forumites experiences of running high mileages on the old 5 cylinder 2.5 130ps engine. mine is a 2009 and has done 104000 miles. No major problems to date and it still sounds good. I always use V power diesel and oil changes at double normal intervals. I suppose as its basically a Transporter van the unit should do 250,000 if looked after?
Anyone done really big mileage and if so what tends to go kaput?

Done 132,000 in my Cali with 5 pot engine, nothing too serious. Manifold changed due to crack, stubby drive shaft changed, gate couplings renewed, DMF exchanged and renewed. Oil is on a long life service. I have been very pleased with the vehicle apart from the roof front panel problems.

Hi Fredwyte

Mine is a 2005 2.5 TDI 96kw/131ps with 128k KM no problems so far (touch wood). I do my regular checks as mentioned on the boardcomputer display. I do around 12k KM/year and biught it 2015 with 94k KM on the clock.
I heard the 5 pot engine is great value (and powerful/reliable) and until now I can only agree to this opinion.

Have fun driving it!

Are we talking high mileage here or just run in? :D

My 2.5 174 has just clicked over to 90,000 miles without any issues. As far as i know this cam chain engine is virtually bulletproof :thumb

hi,
I would be interested to know forumites experiences of running high mileages on the old 5 cylinder 2.5 130ps engine. mine is a 2009 and has done 104000 miles. No major problems to date and it still sounds good. I always use V power diesel and oil changes at double normal intervals. I suppose as its basically a Transporter van the unit should do 250,000 if looked after?
Anyone done really big mileage and if so what tends to go kaput?
I have 423 thousand kilometres on my t5 2005 all that happened is injectors leaked in to oil once starter and alltinator .have from new .great machine .have new t6 16 Reg and a 17 Reg on its way

Best so far. Good work.

Mine has 329.000 km on the clock and according to the dealer 'nothing to worry about'. But that was after the auto gearbox exchange...
Longlive intervals but I might want to change that to regular.

Mine has over 300000 still a smooth runner and I trust her te get me anywhere i need. Only had two issues. The oil cooler coil went last year so that wasn't nice. Had to do a full engine flush and replace the part. And the non return fuel valve in the tandem pump has gone so that would meen a new pump but I will be getting around the starting issues with an inline valve when I get the time. With regular oil changes and use good quality fluids and premium fuel she will last forever.

Back