Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

High viz wing mirror cover

California Dreamin

California Dreamin

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Street parking. Getting marks on my wing mirrors from other van/bus mirrors brushing against them when I am parked with mirrors folded. :mad: Has anyone seen such a thing as a high viz drawstring bag or similar to fit over the mirror to make it even more obvious and protect it.

If you got a sewing machine you could make your own out of those high visability vests...
When the EK footbal was on , they gave those away in the colors of Belgian flag from a beer sponsor ....

Propeller bag from an online chandlery would do the job but might be a bit large.

However, this camping toilet roll holder bag looks perfect.

IMG_1213.jpg

I wrapped mine (quite easy to do with the film you can buy online and a hot air blower) and when they get too scratched up I'll repeat.

I don't think making it more obvious will help if the road is that narrow. Probably most of the vehicles causing the problem are not Owner Driven and so probably couldn't care less.
1. Park elsewhere
2. If it is a 2 way street then park out from the kerb so 2 vehicles CANNOT squeeze past simultaneously.
3. Flashing red light on wing mirror powered by lead to Leisure battery 12v socket.

I wouldn't worry. If you're street parking then you'll soon have a matching set of bumpers etc.

I've just had my near side mirror wrapped in a clear film, cost me £30, but they have done a very neat job and you wouldn't notice it had been done.

Back