Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hole in Radiator

Bluestone

Bluestone

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
So am I just the unluckiest person or has anyone else suffered this?

Got the health check from the dealer today and they say a stone has flicked up and put a hole in the radiator, they actually found the stone in the radiator so I guess this happened. I guess my question is how is the radiator so vulnerable to this? Has anyone else suffered from this?

I've not been 'off road' in it, driving normal roads, actually mainly to the supermarket and back. I'm a bit shocked this has happened to be honest.

Any thoughts?

Just happened to me.

Loss of coolent over the last couple of days. AA just been out and have a hole in the rear of the radiator. I'm assuming this is not covered by Warranty.

Jason

Just happened to me.

Loss of coolent over the last couple of days. AA just been out and have a hole in the rear of the radiator. I'm assuming this is not covered by Warranty.

Jason
If its a hole in the rear of the radiator I would be trying for a warranty replacement, it wouldn't be a stone as that would have hit the front. A photo of the leak would help, its usually pretty easy to see if there are squashed fins where something has hit or just leak stains from a failed joint.

If its a hole in the rear of the radiator I would be trying for a warranty replacement, it wouldn't be a stone as that would have hit the front. A photo of the leak would help, its usually pretty easy to see if there are squashed fins where something has hit or just leak stains from a failed joint.

You can definatley see a few bent fins around the leak. When he presurised the system it was spraying out.

His gut feeling was they will refuse but if you don't ask you don't get.

Thanks

This happened to me last Friday and the dealership has said not covered under warranty. In all the years I have been driving never happened in any other car.

Back