Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hole in seal around lid of fridge?

CaliPuds

CaliPuds

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
OK, I hope this is a feature and not a snag, but I'm a bit worried about it.... I've done a search and can't find it highlighted anywhere else.

The rubber seal around the inside of the lid of my fridge has a hole in it (see photo - fridge with lid up/opened). Is this meant to be there or is it a fault? (Brand new Cali, picked up on Monday, only noticed it yesterday when I cleaned the fridge and turned it on).

Many thanks.... Susi

Cali fridge seal hole.jpg

Just had a look at mine and it also has a hole in the same place, I think it's to allow the air out of the rubber seal so it can "squish" when the the lid is shut.

Ah, phew, thank you very much snowy55!

Check your cardoor- booth seals , homefridge, most rubber seals have those holes..

Check your cardoor- booth seals , homefridge, most rubber seals have those holes..

I did think of that when I first spotted the hole and checked all my (house) fridges and freezers when I first noticed it, but couldn't find any holes. At least not any obvious holes. I will look again.

Anyway, I am much relieved, thanks for the responses!

House refrigerators usually have a magnetic seal, no reason for hole, cali fridge has a clip when lid is closed hence hole to evacuate air in seal, otherwise lid would be difficult to close.

John

Back