Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hole in the canvas!

C

cirrus

has anyone dealt with a small hole in the canvas. Look like it's been caught in the closing mechanism.
I am worried as it seems to be getting bigger.

I have two small holes and find ignoring them works,

They can be repaired if small, invisibly mended I believe.

Duct tape is supposed to work.

Thanks Jen I don't suppose you know an invisible mender (if you can see them!)

Thanks Jen I don't suppose you know an invisible mender (if you can see them!)

As WelshGas mentions above... Tear Air is the best stuff. Used it on my awning 6 years ago, still as good as new. Also used on the Mutze when I got a little too close to a bonfire and an ember fell on it... 4 years and still as good as...

Also used it on dry suits diving, years on still holds air, hasn't yellowed or got brittle.
Stunning stuff.

rgds
M

Last edited:
Yes, thank you WG ... A very useful product to know about and not just for cali use ...

The great thing about this forum, the sharing of knowledge. This, for me, makes it such a great place to be. One person asks for a problem solution, six people reply, probably 50 people benefit. Wonderful!
So true, we've learned loads thx everyone

One thing i have learned ,
Better to have a hole in your canvas ....than having a canvas in your hole....:bananadance
Sorry could not resit !

Just spotted this one.

Kite or Sail repair tape will do the trick. Need to cut a patch with no sharp edges to fit on the inner and outer side of the damage. Just google it, any sailing or Kitesurf retailer should stock it for less than a tenner.

Then when it's fixed get a bungee! Goes around the top and stops it happening, think you can get them from the shop still

Back