Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 California pop top repairs-Midlands

D

DUMBODOGGY

Hi guys, really sorry if this has been discussed before or is in the wrong area! We have a 2008 California that has overtime developed a few small holes in the canvas on one side near to the rear mechanism. Has anybody got any experience in getting this repaired by either glueing or stitching? We are in the Midlands area. Can anybody recommend any companies that might help? Thanks guys!

Please report back if you do use them. We have a few holes in our canvas and would be interested if it could be repaired :thumb

Cheers guys, yes I have called the guys over at Burton and they agreed that it could be patched. The only downside to this is that they want the canvas stripped of and packaged up so they can come and collect. How much of a job that is I don't know!

I would say easy to remove and send but a pig to get back in.I think that's why VW are replacing the bellows on their front panel repair.

I also have some punctiform holes in the rooftop, so thank you for this information! I guess I need Tear-Aid Type A for this job?

DUMBODOGGY said:
Cheers guys, yes I have called the guys over at Burton and they agreed that it could be patched. The only downside to this is that they want the canvas stripped of and packaged up so they can come and collect. How much of a job that is I don't know!

It's a non starter :lol:

Have you got roof corrosion?? If so, and assuming your van is < 6 years old register for the repair and you'll get a new bellows free of charge :thumb

Sorry, I did mean the canvas... Tear-aid type A or B for small holes?

Tear-aid type A is the one to go for. Round the corners of the patch ( or cut as a circle ) and there is less chance of the edges getting snagged and pealing. They stick really well though.

Thanks guys, mine is an 08/08 so well out of warranty! Tear aid look like the answer, I'll give that a whirl!

DUMBODOGGY said:
Thanks guys, mine is an 08/08 so well out of warranty! Tear aid look like the answer, I'll give that a whirl!

You may be eligible for roof pox repairs under the newly extended warranty, and those repairs may involve canvas replacement. You'll need to register quickly though (see main thread on roof corrosion).

Back