Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wear on pop-top/canvas

D

DanDeeVanetta

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I have a T5 SE, 2011. regarding the pop-top canvas, the material has worn next to the scissor lift mechanism, where it has got caught or rubbed, I assume a common issue. How do I repair this? is there a gore-tex style patch that can be put on either the inside or outside? Or a place where this can be treated? Any thoughts or experiences, tips you care to offer?

It all depends how bad it is really. I bought a patch kit for a tent . Mine only had a couple of very tiny holes probably only a couple of mm but you could see daylight through it but wish now I hadn’t bothered as the patch material goes all wrinkled after a while. I dare say there are various repair kits some better than others..

I have a T5 SE, 2011. regarding the pop-top canvas, the material has worn next to the scissor lift mechanism, where it has got caught or rubbed, I assume a common issue. How do I repair this? is there a gore-tex style patch that can be put on either the inside or outside? Or a place where this can be treated? Any thoughts or experiences, tips you care to offer?
Tear Aid seems to be the patch of choice. One patch inside and one outside.
There are 2 types. Don't use the one for PVC type material.
Comes in different sizes.

Hi WG, thanks for your tip, should I just google "Tear Aid" or do you know a supplier?

Thanks for your tips on the roof, I used the gorilla glue as suggested, and a screw driver handle to pop the seal back, looks good, time will tell.

Back