Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Holiday to Morocco Sept 2015

Nice , do we need to spot a Cali....?

Don't panic the Cali is in the campsite behind the cafe.

Friday nights camping spot at Moulay Bousselham

I have repositioned the GB sticker since the photo was taken, so please rest easy.
Morocco isn't in Europe so the euro plates don't apply so GB sticker needed, although of course nobody else seems to have one fitted!

I have repositioned the GB sticker since the photo was taken, so please rest easy.
Morocco isn't in Europe so the euro plates don't apply so GB sticker needed, although of course nobody else seems to have one fitted!

What are/ where the tempuratures .....not to extreme i hope...
Do they got a good roadnetwork ?
Love to hear more on that trip!...

Great! Please some details about how you get there and how is it to drive around! and of course more photos please!

Love to read about different destinations!

Fishing boats arriving back at Oaulidia. We had Dorada barbecued on the beach.

What are/ where the tempuratures .....not to extreme i hope...
Do they got a good roadnetwork ?
Love to hear more on that trip!...

The temperature travelling down the Atlantic Coast has been a very pleasant 25c in the day and cooling off quickly as soon as the sun sets at about 19.30 hrs down to about 16c, so a good nights sleep is achievable.
The road network is a bit of a lottery. Peage/Toll roads are European quality and cost next to nothing so for covering distance are advisable and you still get to see the countryside the only downfall is that people/children with or without donkeys/ horses still walk across in front of you and seem in no hurry, taxis and buses still drop off and pick up people or what looks like whole extended families.
On the other roads the surface is good to atrocious and can change halfway around a bend, we came across a washed out bridge today that had been rebuilt with tons of hardcore so caution is the key, the times given on the satnav are very optimistic and can easily be double.
There's a huge Police presence with plenty of tripod mounted speed cameras and lots of checkpoints so best to take it easy.
We got lost in Tanger (formally Tangiers) and it was like a scene from Indiana Jones- people, children, horses, donkeys, Tuk Tuks, crazy Taxis weaving in and out of brand new Range Rovers, Mercedes, Audis, BMWs not for the feint hearted but we survived to tell the tale!

Now parked up at Camping Oliviers.

It's starting to go dark now and like last night we are the only people staying at the campsite.
The dude singing the call to prayers isn't as good as last nights, but then we seemed to be equi distant between 3 towers and they had some competing to do to try and drag the punters in!

Your trip there is reminding me of the 6 weeks I spent in Tunisia in 2011 after the revolution. I recall the cost of Diesal then was 42 pence a litre...what is it there ?

Hmmm

I will be going to Morroco in the not distant future either by Cali OR Yacht....looking forward to it....

On the coast road between Safi and Essaouira.
Sorry to repost your photo with no comment!
Wanted to say that you are in one of the finest surf/kitesurf areas of the world, although it doesn't look like it today from your photo. I know Essaouira very well and I hope you will find it as friendly as I have on so many occasions. I'm inspired by your trip taking the Cali all that way - maybe I will follow your example one day in the future.
Good luck and keep up with the updates

On the road between Marrakesh and Cascades d'Ouzoud

Nice pics I drove their in my youth in a 74 bay window had a great time remember a market town called tetouan like something out of a sinbad film not far from where you land off the boat we lost a small fortune by bringing the dirhams back they halved in value went to Casablanca some of the driving was basic never sure if it was a road or not I was in a air cooled bus with no sat nav happy days keep the pics coming

Maybe not on top of my list but if pics like these keep showing up i might change my mind...blue skyes everyday!
Do seems desolated , not much to see exept the rough nature....