The Blue Merle

The Blue Merle

4x4 joker
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
Hi

I'm after some campsite recommendations for snow boarding holiday in France and Switzerland in January. Campsites must be near lifts and dog friendly too.
I've stayed in Sameones in France which was lovely and recommended to me from this forum last year, but would like a few places to visit as hoping to be away for a month.
Thanks
Dave

We love the paradski area of La Plagne and Les Arcs, both accessed from Bourge San Maurice where they have an all year campsite with shuttle bus to the slopes, we have not been with our camper so far, just got it this year.

Will have a look, haven't been there before.
Val d isere is an amazing resort no campsites there though.
I managed to stay on campsite in January next Chamonix (Sameones) for 16 euros a night 2x people and dog with 6a electric bargain! Gondola to slopes only 3 min walk from campsite too, def worth a visit if you decide to take the Cali. Your need ASCI card for the discount on pitch though.

Use www.Eurocampings.co.uk

Excellent website for campsites across Europe, loads of info.

The "show on map" feature plots the campsite location and piste maps from a birds eye view.

senna750 said:
Will have a look, haven't been there before.
Val d isere is an amazing resort no campsites there though.
I managed to stay on campsite in January next Chamonix (Sameones) for 16 euros a night 2x people and dog with 6a electric bargain! Gondola to slopes only 3 min walk from campsite too, def worth a visit if you decide to take the Cali. Your need ASCI card for the discount on pitch though.

Can you recall the name of the campsite?

Yes
It's called le Giffre in Samoens, I've been there in January and over it so much popped back there in the summer. There's loads to do very strange seeing and walking on the green slopes in the summer which I had been boarding on back in January.

i'm heading down to chamonix for new year in my van there are a couple of campsites open and also a couple of places to park up quite close to town .you can get info from
chamonet.com about both
also might drive over to zermatt if the road is clear there is a campsite open in randa quite close to the train up to zermatt which is car free .
the campsite is called camping attermenzen randa and i'm pretty sure they take dogs we stayed in tasch in the summer and it was amazing the skiing looked like it could be great hope this helps

Cool will check them out.

Do you have a isotop fitted in your roof as I'm thinking of getting one, wanted to know if they will keep the van as warm as my roof topper? As I can't have my roof rack fitted, I did adapt my bike rack and fitted my thule ski/board holder to the back of it.

no isotope fitted ,we just have a cali topper you'll need a decent quilt or sleeping bag or both ,but if its really cold you can sleep downstairs the heater keeps it nice and toasty :thumb putting your boards and skis on the bike rack is a great idea

Hi
I used an electric blanket as they don't use much power and are very cheap to buy around £30, kept the missus happy whilst camping in Wales couldn't talk her into camping in the Alps back in January though.