Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Home

Kimmhu said:
As promised a couple of piccies - not brilliant, but I will add better ones when I take them :D

White does look smart - I know the wheels are part of the Bluemotion package but I'd have black alloys in an instant.

James

Foglights could be added as a retrofit.

The wiring can be bought as a readymade loom from Kufatec -

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info ... -2010.html

Then you need the lights and grilles as well as a replacement headlight switch which has the foglight option.

The headlight switch is really easy to change despite looking the opposite.

Once installed they would need to be 'coded' or enabled in the BCM (Body Control Module) and looking at the Kufatec info it would be a caveat that you had a suitable one already installed else that would need replacing and start to become expensive.

The cornering function is again simply in software and can be enabled/disabled easily enough with a diagnostic tool.

I have this tool myself and as I find and do things to my own Cali I will be writing guides for the benefit of others. Equally if there are simple software changes you need or want then I'm happy to help as and when our paths cross. :thumb

White is one of my favourite colours for the Cali. When you see the Sportline Vans in white with black wheels they look awesome and I think if I'd had a white one I'd be following that styling.

Stu said:
White is one of my favourite colours for the Cali. When you see the Sportline Vans in white with black wheels they look awesome and I think if I'd had a white one I'd be following that styling.

Stu there was a beach available in White which had been styled to look like a Sportline - I agree it is looks superb and would be something I consider.

White suits the lines of the T5.

I have paid for my fogs to be fitted - but any guides obviously would be helpful and interesting.

James

Iain&Shani said:
Very nice. Shouldn't have too much trouble spotting her in car parks.

lol no...

Although strangely my van has started a new, unexpected hobby... Bay baiting... Don't get me wrong I like Bays, particularly the early crossover models - one of my best friends has an orange viking conversion bay, it's lovely.

But..

Today driving round when giving cheerful waves to those driving the classic T2 so called 'bay' model, we were blanked, or they looked at Betty, then tried not show they had looked. As it was Sunday we then started to hunt down those Sunday drivers in their bays and forced our jolliness upon them.

Now, I am aware of this van snobbery amongst VW owners. I own an American T3 - Vanagon - Bay drivers will not wave at it - T3 drivers will - T3 forums moan about T4's and T5's - and nothing compares to a splittie - I am well versed in the VW class system. But the jollines sof Betty and a modern Beach seemed to much to bear for the pained faces of those driving their Bays around Essex today.

That said driving down the A130 people looked and smiled - a little girl waved at Betty as if she would somehow form an expression using her headlights like Herbie.

I have also noticed that people are nicer to me in the van, and van drivers appear tro acknowledge me as one of their own, despite not having a copy of the Daily Start or The Sun on my dashboard.

James

Love it! You can't NOT smile at a T5 in that colour!

Our grey van is usually to be spotted on the Porthtowan webcam like it was today and last night... ;) Nice to get a few waves at last!

m4rky said:
That is one nice looking Cali :grin:

Thank you - I think it is the colour that makes it. I know it would not be everyone's cup of tea (or glass of sunny delight) but the more we have it the more the colour grows on us.

I think it would be nice on the full fat Cali.

James