Hot, hot, hot...

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
35C today on the banks of the Creuse, and hotter temperatures to come.

78c3f0f0f694bceacdaaa71b1a1f9dc9.jpg

You want to trade? I go over there and you work in my place in 30°C.?

Denmark today 25-26 celcius , perfect weather here....:cool:

Good luck with that one!
We coped at 34 deg overnight with usb fans upstairs and down. We used a Pucer screen during the day to stop the top heating up. Opened all the doors and windows with fly screens to move the air when the temperature started to drop. Used the tail gate lock and even slept under a damp sarong.
We were quite relieved to get back into the mountains where it was cooler!

Good luck with that one!
We coped at 34 deg overnight with usb fans upstairs and down. We used a Pucer screen during the day to stop the top heating up. Opened all the doors and windows with fly screens to move the air when the temperature started to drop. Used the tail gate lock and even slept under a damp sarong.
We were quite relieved to get back into the mountains where it was cooler!

Fortunately nighttime temperatures are reasonable, down to 15C tonight. I have a silk sleeping bag liner, so I’m in that. A marvellous thing which packs away into a bag the size of half a pound of butter.

We came to this site because of the water park. Neither boy can swim but they both love the water and are confident in it. So far we have spent everyday in or by the water.

Fortunately nighttime temperatures are reasonable, down to 15C tonight. I have a silk sleeping bag liner, so I’m in that. A marvellous thing which packs away into a bag the size of half a pound of butter.

We came to this site because of the water park. Neither boy can swim but they both love the water and are confident in it. So far we have spent everyday in or by the water.
We were by Lake Lugano when it was so hot so we swam in the lake until we were wrinkly asprunes to cool down. It was lovely.
20190816_071036.jpg

That looks great, is it a campsite and is it Swiss side or Italian side
It is Monte Generoso near Melide still in Switzerland in the Swiss part. We stayed there as we wanted to visit Swiss minatur a model railway and cable car tour of Switzerland. The campsite had an ASCI discount as we were there in June. We even got free train and bus passes in Ticino as part of our booking, this was amazing as the trains went miles, were air conditioned and the passes gave us loads of discounts.
Fabulous pizza and great Swiss wine.

It is Monte Generoso near Melide still in Switzerland in the Swiss part. We stayed there as we wanted to visit Swiss minatur a model railway and cable car tour of Switzerland. The campsite had an ASCI discount as we were there in June. We even got free train and bus passes in Ticino as part of our booking, this was amazing as the trains went miles, were air conditioned and the passes gave us loads of discounts.
Fabulous pizza and great Swiss wine.
Hey Skylark, thank you for the reply and info, i found the campsite
its going on the list :thumb

Hey Skylark, thank you for the reply and info, i found the campsite
its going on the list :thumb
We loved it, the facilities we're fantastic. We loved Belinzona with it's 3 castles and gelato shop near the town hall. Ascona with the garden in Lake Maggiore followed by pizza overlooking the lake. Our neighbours did Monte Generoso cable car and walked around at the top. They also visited Lugano and really liked that too. We could have easily stayed a week if the weather hadn't been so hot.20190625_152424.jpg20190626_145030.jpg

Last edited:
Currently 33.5 outside and more to come.

Wonder if anyone can knock up a spreadsheet with a cost per degree spent to achieve a higher temperature than your own drive......

(Tongue firmly in cheek, enjoy your travels)Screenshot_20190825-164502_BBC Weather.jpg

Hi everyone - continuing this thread i thought that you might like to see the attached image; this was during our recent french trip in Normandy on 25th July. Following this we drove into the most enormous storm with hailstones the size of golfballs - I parked up and had to put the tail of the van into the wind and even then the wind tried to lift the tail!! Very exciting but we felt truly safe in the Cali!!

Wonder if anyone can knock up a spreadsheet with a cost per degree spent to achieve a higher temperature than your own drive......
Oslo: Temp 10 Max; 2 Min; Latitude 60° N
Athens: Temp 22 Max; 14 Min; Latitude 38° N

Assuming consistent across Europe, each ° S = 0.55°C gain in temperature.

Each ° S = 111.1 Km

So, for a 1°C gain in average temperature you need to drive 203.7 Km due south.

At 10 Km per litre, you will need 20.4 litres of fuel to drive due south. At £1.30 per litre, this will cost you about £26.50.

So... Assuming a road due south, it will cost you £26.50 in diesel per degree of average temperature gain.

So... Assuming a road due south, it will cost you £26.50 in diesel per degree of average temperature gain.

Good work Tom :)

My very much tongue in cheek point was that at the time of your 35 degree holiday post it was 33 degrees back here in dear old London. So factoring in all your holiday costs you spent a tad more than the £26.50 per degree gained to acheive Hot hot hot... sounds like you had a good family break though which has no calcable function in any spreadsheet (or does it.....)

Good work Tom :)

My very much tongue in cheek point was that at the time of your 35 degree holiday post it was 33 degrees back here in dear old London. So factoring in all your holiday costs you spent a tad more than the £26.50 per degree gained to acheive Hot hot hot... sounds like you had a good family break though which has no calcable function in any spreadsheet (or does it.....)
35C was on Sunday. It was 36 on Monday, so 2.5C warmer than London.

Greenwich 51.4 N
La Roche Posay 46.8 N
So 4.6 degrees south of London.

(Using my 0.555 C rise in temp for every degree south my formula gives just over 2.5C warmer - it's nice to see the formula working in this instance.)

Our holiday cost us £1,200 (fuel, ferry, tolls, excursions, campsite & eating out). I don't include food as we'd buy that at home anyway. 11 days, 4 people. £27.27 per person per day, £10.91 per person per day per degree of heat.

Someone call the Met-office
Warwickshire is hot hot hot…!!!

D6CEF9D3-426F-4238-AADC-7F579E79FAA6.jpeg

Denmark today 25-26 celcius , perfect weather here....:cool:
Came back from 3 weeks Denmark (including a week Bornholm Island) and had a beautiful trip! Only day with rain was the start of the Tour de France in Kopenhagen. (and one night rain but that does not count)

Tempted to sleep on the drive in the Cali, it will be far cooler than my house. Scorcio!

Tempted to sleep on the drive in the Cali, it will be far cooler than my house. Scorcio!

I was wondering that.
Dyson records outside temp hotter than inside.
It’s 11:30pm….o_O

D1A48EFA-DA43-4956-B795-73CC1AB16D97.png

How did everyone sleep last night, my temp gauge in bedroom did not dip below 29 degrees !!!

Back