Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Window radiators!

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I was leaning to a silver Cali on the basis it would be cooler in the sun, but went Acapulco blue in the end. Although it definitely gets hotter than my wife's silver car on the outside. I think the mattress in the roof and the plastic moldings/trim on the inside insulate it to a fair degree and it probably doesn't make a huge difference.

What was a big surprise is how hot the windows get in direct sun and of course these are not covered in trim/insulation. They were too hot to touch other than briefly and hotter than the bodywork. On the inside you are basically surrounded by mini radiators. Just an observation really. I wonder if there are any heat reflecting films that could be applied?

I was leaning to a silver Cali on the basis it would be cooler in the sun, but went Acapulco blue in the end. Although it definitely gets hotter than my wife's silver car on the outside. I think the mattress in the roof and the plastic moldings/trim on the inside insulate it to a fair degree and it probably doesn't make a huge difference.

What was a big surprise is how hot the windows get in direct sun and of course these are not covered in trim/insulation. They were too hot to touch other than briefly and hotter than the bodywork. On the inside you are basically surrounded by mini radiators. Just an observation really. I wonder if there are any heat reflecting films that could be applied?
Not when your moving, and when parked up I doubt if many people sit around inside on a hot day. At least I don't.
No different to any vehicle I can think of.
Yes you can get heat reflective film but it will probably affect the visual properties so you would only be able to fit to the side windows, excluding the cabin side windows, windscreen and possibly the tailgate. Also the window behind the wardrobe would be excluded as well.
Hardly seems cost effective.

pull the blinds down on the sunny side

On our last weekend away we pulled the blinds on the nearside (the offside had the awning wound out so was sheltered from the sun), we also put the curtain on the nearside passenger door and left the blinds across the front. When we got back to Cali she wasn't too hot - except for the wardrobe which was very hot as we had pulled the blind across the small window.