Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How angry should I be?

James said:
That's good to hear Simon, I hope you get it sorted. How are you liking the Velle?
James

Its interesting what I've noticed (2014) compared with my (2012) California

It certainly feels a lot "lighter" on the road - perhaps more than the 300kg difference there actually is.

The new blue motion works brilliantly with the DSG, without needing to change any habits -i.e. It works with the vehicle left in Drive. It even manages to sense the difference between sitting in a roundabout queue waiting to inch forwards (foot gently on brake waiting to lift - doesn't cut out) to sitting at lights (foot more firmly on brake - cuts out in less than a second). By the time you've moved your foot from brake to accelerator the engine is running again.

The colour DIS is lovely (the scirocco had this too) but a waste without a MFSW to make proper use of it.

Twin electric sliding doors great on a MPV versus no fun at night in a Camper.

New dashboard 12V socket great for portable Sat Nav power.

Missing my toys: folding mirrors / bluetooth phone kit / satnav / reversing camera. Had to pull over when VWCS called me earlier to discuss progress... Yes, in the Caravelle for a while yet.

Simon

We can retrofit the dash top 12 volt socket for you if you like, done quite a few now.

cheers

Alex - We'd certainly get it done if we used a Tomtom or similar but as we have a RNS510 in the dash we don't really need access to 12V in the cab.

Expecting to get our California back on Thursday, just in time to camp Easter weekend...

Yes, that is nine days they will have had it this time, but better that than a third half-arsed job. VWCS have had to expedite replacement parts for it too, which has added to the timescale.

Simon

shambly said:
James said:
That's good to hear Simon, I hope you get it sorted. How are you liking the Velle?
James

Its interesting what I've noticed (2014) compared with my (2012) California

It certainly feels a lot "lighter" on the road - perhaps more than the 300kg difference there actually is.

The new blue motion works brilliantly with the DSG, without needing to change any habits -i.e. It works with the vehicle left in Drive. It even manages to sense the difference between sitting in a roundabout queue waiting to inch forwards (foot gently on brake waiting to lift - doesn't cut out) to sitting at lights (foot more firmly on brake - cuts out in less than a second). By the time you've moved your foot from brake to accelerator the engine is running again.

The colour DIS is lovely (the scirocco had this too) but a waste without a MFSW to make proper use of it.

Twin electric sliding doors great on a MPV versus no fun at night in a Camper.

New dashboard 12V socket great for portable Sat Nav power.

Missing my toys: folding mirrors / bluetooth phone kit / satnav / reversing camera. Had to pull over when VWCS called me earlier to discuss progress... Yes, in the Caravelle for a while yet.

Simon

If it didn't cost about a grand to retrofit the colour DIS would rent me.

Yes, Velle feels much lighter. I noticed that going from a Beach to SE when I had one.

It actually sounds quite spartan for a Velle

Anyway I hope you get it sorted or more appropriately VW get it sorted.

James

This is terrible, we have also had something similar happen to ours, I suggest you photograph your Cali and date stamp it before going in, thats what I do

Back