Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How cold is your aircon?

Noticed in the hot weather yesterday that although my Cali aircon is cold but not icy cold like in my car.

In my car it actually hurts your hand if you hold it over the vent for a period of time. The Cali is definitely cold but not super cold. Had max AC selected and it was just about coping. In the car if I put it on "LO" it actually gets too cold and I have to turn it up a bit.

Interested to know if other calis have super cold aircon?
My 2014 Cali’s air con is icy cold as it should be. Always been very cold

Thanks for the replies. It’s the climatronic system which is standard on the ocean. It has been standing a while (about a month) but wouldn’t expect it would be losing gas given its age. It works ok, just about coping, but sounds like that is pretty normal for the T6

My 2016 Ocean had to go into the shop four times in 2016 with aircon problems, eventually they tracked the problem down to a bad batch of O rings on the inlet and outlet to the condenser (sort of radiator like thing) slowly leaking gas which was affecting a number of T6's. It didn't show up on the original leak test where they gas the system with a dye but after replacing the ac compressor didn't work they looked at other ac warranty problems to come up with the fix. Mine blows ice cold on Lo now.

I never notice my aircon (climatronic) working at all, it just does. I know it's working as if I start to feel my eyes are tired I turn it on and soon perk up! Perfect for me - but I don't drive in hot countries.

I had exactly the same thought when my T5 SE was new. I was aware of the effects of volume of air/large amount of glass etc but the temperature at the vent did not seem to be as cold as other vehicles I’ve had, so I took it into my local dealer (S of France at the time) who tested it and declared it fine, so I have just lived with it since, assuming it’s a California- ism.

My 2016 Ocean had to go into the shop four times in 2016 with aircon problems, eventually they tracked the problem down to a bad batch of O rings on the inlet and outlet to the condenser (sort of radiator like thing) slowly leaking gas which was affecting a number of T6's. It didn't show up on the original leak test where they gas the system with a dye but after replacing the ac compressor didn't work they looked at other ac warranty problems to come up with the fix. Mine blows ice cold on Lo now.
Interesting! Will keep an eye on mine and get it booked in if I notice it getting any worse.

Noticed in the hot weather yesterday that although my Cali aircon is cold but not icy cold like in my car.

In my car it actually hurts your hand if you hold it over the vent for a period of time. The Cali is definitely cold but not super cold. Had max AC selected and it was just about coping. In the car if I put it on "LO" it actually gets too cold and I have to turn it up a bit.

Interested to know if other calis have super cold aircon?
I’m near Ancona in Italy and it was 32’ outside and I set the temperature at 22’ and it was comfortable. Same in Morocco last year, even at Merzouga in the Sahara. On “LO” it’s too cold.

Back