Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How do I open tool kit under rear seat

A

Anonymous

Guest User
I know this is going to so so simple, BUT, how do I get into the tool kit from the rear of my Cali ?

No problem John. There are two black knobs one each side undo these and it should drop down the tools are in a
Polystyrene mould
Hope this helps

Thanks for that. I did do that but I coudnt budge it. Will try again ' with attitude ' .

I think it sits on 2 studs and is quite heavy. It might need the weight
Taking up and then pulling :thumb

I was going to have a look in ours at the weekend but wondered about it's removal!! Having the attention span of a goldfish I was asked if I wanted a beer and then forgot all about it!!

How do you close it after using the scissor jack more like? I took the scissor jack out the other day, took me an hour to get it back in! Krypton Factor or what!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've taken mine off, so I can push my storage boxes further back and the Tool Box then sits in front of the boxes so I don't have to empty everything out to get to it as I'm frequently putting on or taking off my detachable tow hitch for my tow bar bike rack.

To open it you loosen the two velcro straps and open the top....
But first you need to get it out from under the benchseat ....loosen the two (hand)screws and tip the toolbox over towards you by pulling at the top as it "hangs" in the seat....then lift it out.
;)

But to get the tool kit to close after using the jack it has to be fully wound back or else I won't fit.

Does anyone know what the screws are called as I need one.

Does anyone know what the screws are called as I need one.

Just leave out the screws , the toolbox stays in place without them and much easyer to take the toolbox out .

I know this is going to so so simple, BUT, how do I get into the tool kit from the rear of my Cali ?
After undoing the 2 knob/screws it's a case of rock back and lift up and out, even harder if you have a tow ball in it as well.
I had to file the hole slightly to get the screws back in easily, ie make the slot slightly wider.

Then take the jack out and take a photo of how the handle folds onto it.

Then wind it out. Do a 360 degree turn with your eyes shut. Open them and put the jack back in the box.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have moved the stoppers for the back bench further forward, so the seat can come so far, that you can access the tools from the side, and do not need to crawl into the back.

There is a bost on it somewhere in here ;-)

Back