Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Circuit Breaker on the Beach?

C

CaliA

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi all. I’m currently on a campsite. Plugged in EHU but it’s not working. Camp site manager has tested the hook up and also my cable and both are fine so it’s a problem with the van. All the 12V outlets and lights etc are working off the leisure battery- just the mains socket not working on EHU. I’m assuming this is connected somehow to my plugging in on a small farm site last night..all ok last night but this morning the EHU not working. as I heard they were having problems I just moved on without any more exploration. I figured the place to start is with the Residual Circuit Breaker but I’m having problems finding it. I have a 2 seater Beach. According to the manual the RCB is “under the rear side trim panel in the area of the vehicle tool kit”. I have looked n the tool kit compartment (not easy on the 2 seater Beach..with the blazed parcel shelf in the way….) and I can’t see it. I‘m not sure what “in the area of” means…?! I’m hoping someone on this forum has located their RCB on their Beach and can give me some guidance on how to access it…..many thanks in advance!

Hi all. I’m currently on a campsite. Plugged in EHU but it’s not working. Camp site manager has tested the hook up and also my cable and both are fine so it’s a problem with the van. All the 12V outlets and lights etc are working off the leisure battery- just the mains socket not working on EHU. I’m assuming this is connected somehow to my plugging in on a small farm site last night..all ok last night but this morning the EHU not working. as I heard they were having problems I just moved on without any more exploration. I figured the place to start is with the Residual Circuit Breaker but I’m having problems finding it. I have a 2 seater Beach. According to the manual the RCB is “under the rear side trim panel in the area of the vehicle tool kit”. I have looked n the tool kit compartment (not easy on the 2 seater Beach..with the blazed parcel shelf in the way….) and I can’t see it. I‘m not sure what “in the area of” means…?! I’m hoping someone on this forum has located their RCB on their Beach and can give me some guidance on how to access it…..many thanks in advance!
Put your hand in the tool compartment and reach up, or put your phone in pointing upwards and take a photo with flash on.

It’s tucked right up inside between the outer skin and 2nd skin. A really well positioned switch!

Many thanks guys..that really helped as at least I knew to persevere with the tool compartment and head upwards- I’ve now managed to find it..well feel it anyway even if I couldn’t see it- what a crazy place for a switch!! . Anyhoo- flipped it back and everything now working- hurrah! Thanks again.