How do I ....

GrannyJen

GrannyJen

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
first dumbo question ...

Reply to someone by quoting the message I am replying to ....??

first dumbo question ...

Reply to someone by quoting the message I am replying to ....??

Bottom of the post you wish to reply to , there is a reply button, press that and it will quote the message and direct you to to the reply box

Thank you...

I was going to be all smug and come back and tell everyone that I've worked it all out for myself and ...

you beat me to it :(

OK ..

Dumbo question 2

How do I embed a link in my signature? It has suddenly disappeared ... the link, not my signature

OK ..

Dumbo question 2

How do I embed a link in my signature? It has suddenly disappeared ... the link, not my signature

That option has now been activated , Good spot :)

Dumbo question 3! Is there a way of having a page with the active topics on all forum subjects? There used to be an 'active topics' option before but I can't find it now?

Dumbo question 3! Is there a way of having a page with the active topics on all forum subjects? There used to be an 'active topics' option before but I can't find it now?

Do you know how it was previously classed ? I.e what would you consider to be an active topic ?

There are various things we can implement such as "Recent Posts" which is basically like "new posts" but it doesnt hide the "unread" so displays ALL latest topics .

Another possibility of "Active topics" would be "popular threads" which shows threads based on popularity ( normally judged on how many replies ) etc so could show threads from years old.

if you could tell me a little more about what used to show when using active topic i should be able to get something close.

Have now found recent posts and pretty much does what I'm after thanks. Love the new look by the way!

Have now found recent posts and pretty much does what I'm after thanks. Love the new look by the way!

I will make a link which is more obvious for recent posts eventually in the navigation