Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to climb up to the roof bed?

image.jpg We have a cube which we put onto one seat, so then it's floor, seat, seat with cube on and up! Doubled as footrest during the day

It would do the job but at 250€ delivered, a little pricey, even with the present exchange rate.

Also I think because it has to go behind the hand break it might take up too much room if you use the bottom bed and need a porta potie. That's why I made my own.

Great thread this, it's a definite 'this is a silly question' but one everyone thinks.
My stupid question is this.
When you sleep up top, do you sleep with your head near the hole or up the wedge end, so that when you wake up you bang your head!!.

Me, I sleep with my head wedged in the narrow end after I've risen majestically by standing on anything left on the seats by the kids!

Isn't it a bit claustrophobic with your head at that end? We always sleep the other way round so we have plenty of space and the light is easy to switch off

Yes it is, but I keep thinking I'd fall down the hole if I was the other way around. Plus if you have to get up in the night, I'd wake Mrs Toast up turning around to get down, unless you go down headfirst

Yes it is, but I keep thinking I'd fall down the hole if I was the other way around. Plus if you have to get up in the night, I'd wake Mrs Toast up turning around to get down, unless you go down headfirst

Well guess we will have to change ends as we get older then. At the moment we don't need to get up in the middle of the night but agree you do need some gymnastic like moves to get down in the morning. Always starts the day off with a good chuckle though!

Could use these. Save having to climb down in the night.
Screen Shot 2015-05-10 at 18.24.50.jpg

Back