Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to disable interior scan?

Gran,

makes sense to lock yourself in.

I've twice been "harassed", once quite harmlessly by a very nice barman on a Cumbrian britstop and once less than harmlessly by a brain dead moron on a Belgian campsite, who came within an inch of being held by a group of young people tenting opposite me who wanted to call the police.

Single women, even those of my geriatric age, can be a target for lonely blokes after closing time. Very comforting to have all that Cali security around me plus an attack alarm that I leave hanging from the drivers door grab handle.

Don't let me put you off, one uncomfortable experience in nearly 200 nights and a locked Cali is very secure, but best to be prepared.

Probably never occurred to me because I've been camping in a tent, mostly on my own, for many years, but when I think about it, that's mostly been at motorcycle rallies - and bikers in general are gentlemen!

You can switch ON automatic door locking so that when the vehicle first exceeds 8km/hr ALL doors are locked automatically. You can open from the inside but not the outside.
You need the VW Diagnostic Computer or the Carista OBD module and an iPad 3 or 4, iPhone or Android phone.

https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/programmable-feature-with-carista.12831/
When I asked for this to be turned on when my van was in to have the tap fixed under warranty I was told that the option wasn't available on a T6.

When I asked for this to be turned on when my van was in to have the tap fixed under warranty I was told that the option wasn't available on a T6.

That's a shame, I'd have liked that.

Don't take the Dealers word as gospel.
I was told the same for my T5.1, but I have now enabled it along with the - Come Home Headlights that I was told you could only have with Auto Headlights. I've also enabled Instrument Sweep with Ignition On as well as Tear Wipe where the wipers do 1 wipe about 5 seconds after Windscreen Wash Wipe has finished.

Don't take the Dealers word as gospel.
I was told the same for my T5.1, but I have now enabled it along with the - Come Home Headlights that I was told you could only have with Auto Headlights. I've also enabled Instrument Sweep with Ignition On as well as Tear Wipe where the wipers do 1 wipe about 5 seconds after Windscreen Wash Wipe has finished.
They did go into the system to attempt to set it but could no longer find the necessary parameter and concluded that the option had been removed on a T6. They were as surprised by this as I was.

Has anyone had the auto locking feature set on for a T6?

I have heard this before from a dealer as they can only follow prescribed procedures as dictated by the VAS guidance system.

If you or an Indy has access to a VCDS you can normally get more granular access to the central electrics module and turn the feature on.

In my experience the Dealer will only switch on/off those functions you paid for and that will be dictated by the computer system in relation to the vehicle vin.
As in my case I hadn't paid for Auto Lights so they wouldn't switch Coming Home lights function. Not allowed to as " Computer says No".;)

I think it resets with Ignition ON, not opening/closing doors. I think!
Thanks for this - currently going through the stress of getting it to work. On our last holiday I tried activating it with the key fob once inside (in bed) and after a few seconds the alarm went off. We then used the drivers door switch with no problems. I've also had the experience of returning to my van on a ferry in Sicily with the alarm sounding and that was embarrassing. As we are heading off next week (on a ferry) I thought I'd read the manual again and try to understand the process. So on our drive my wife got in and I locked the vehicle with the key fob outside with her moving about inside - nothing happened - no alarm. I tried this a number of times with the door pillar light glowing orange and also not illuminated. I'll try your suggestion re the ignition reset next and see what happens. I'll keep you posted!