Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to fit B pillar decals

A local vehicle decal company will fit the B Pillar decals for you if you’re not confident in fitting them yourself.

they are very easy to fit, if the worst happens, they are very easy to remove.

Don’t think there is anyway of getting them factory fitted to a Beach now. I think they used to be part of the Exterior Pack on the Beach a few years back?
@Amarillo did you have the exterior pack? H7 headlights / Fogs / Black mirrors and handles?

I had LEDs, black mirrors and handles. There’s a fog function with the LEDs, even after four years I haven’t bothered to check if it’s front, rear or front and rear. I don’t think I paid extra for black mirrors and handles - possibly it was cheaper?

As for the pillar decals, I found the best way to fit them was to slip the dealer £20 (from memory) to fit them and install the bike rack before delivery.

@Borris, Regarding the B Pillar decals, did you start applying the vinyl from the top, bottom or down the edge?

I spoke to a vinyl expert yesterday and he recommended spraying with water/fairy liquid mixture first! That all seems a bit wrong to me!
It's been a while since I applied ours but if memory serves, I started from the bottom because that's where any misalignment would show the most. Btw, the decals are self adhesive so spaying with water/fairy liquid mixture won't help, in fact it will probably mess up the adhesive qualities.

Last edited:
Hi @BeagleMum,

Are your VanStyle B pillar decals the "B-Post door pillar guards" like this or standard stickers?

Thanks!

Fitted the B Pillar decals last week and it definitely improves the look. They are not as glossy as the factory fitting one’s on my last Beach though.

AC14B861-418B-4C48-84D4-7329D555976D.jpeg