Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to fit B pillar decals

Hi Boris
Have you tried applying a bit a wax polish to the surface (if the wax is supplied in a plastic container it safe for vinyl) it may remove the light marks and improve the finish.
Thanks Perfectos,
It's raining here so a good day to wash the van. I might give your suggestion a try afterwards.

It may be my imagination but the surface finish does appear to have improved since fitment. Perhaps the last few weeks of sun have helped. :thumb

Hi, would you mind sharing where you got your window wind deflectors from?
Dubflecta. They are easy to fit and do an excellent job of allowing ventilation whilst keeping the rain out and the van secure.

Thanks Perfectos,
It's raining here so a good day to wash the van. I might give your suggestion a try afterwards.

It may be my imagination but the surface finish does appear to have improved since fitment. Perhaps the last few weeks of sun have helped. :thumb

When I fitted mine the surface was grainy, orange peel esque

The surface has definitely improved from washing / waxing etc

Dubflecta. They are easy to fit and do an excellent job of allowing ventilation whilst keeping the rain out and the van secure.
Sleek or retro? Can't quite make out the profile in the pic. Why did you choose the one you did?

Sleek or retro? Can't quite make out the profile in the pic. Why did you choose the one you did?
Retro. I don't think that there is that much difference in practice. I chose the retro ones because I'm a kind of retro chap and not the slightest bit sleek.

Thank you! Assume they don’t cause any issues with windows closing etc? Have had the stick on VW variant in the past but would rather not stick anything to the door of latest Cali.

Thank you! Assume they don’t cause any issues with windows closing etc? Have had the stick on VW variant in the past but would rather not stick anything to the door of latest Cali.
If you are talking about the Dubfectas, the windows might recognise them as an obstruction at first. However after they have bedded in for several days they are fine.

For £90 you could buy four sets from the club shop! They aren't difficult to fit if you take your time.
You are so right...Apart from the fact that I would definitely a*#se it up and Mr Lemondrop has said No way is he doing it. In our case, this will be money well spent! I will be interested in whether it looks any different to "normal" decals as the van will be wrapped rather than using stickers.

Ive lost the plot here.

One is talking about the B pillar black tape and the other
about wind deflectors.

@Borris, Regarding the B Pillar decals, did you start applying the vinyl from the top, bottom or down the edge?

I spoke to a vinyl expert yesterday and he recommended spraying with water/fairy liquid mixture first! That all seems a bit wrong to me!

@Borris, Regarding the B Pillar decals, did you start applying the vinyl from the top, bottom or down the edge?

I spoke to a vinyl expert yesterday and he recommended spraying with water/fairy liquid mixture first! That all seems a bit wrong to me!
I know what you mean about the spray - but found that technique very effective recently on the worktop protector as shown in the attached video. It gives you sufficient flexibility to move the film around and get a precise fit - you then squeegee the fluid out and stickiness is retained - simple!

Fairy Liquid is probably not a good idea, it is said to contain salt

I bought mine from the club shop and I’m sure it actually stated not to use water/fairy liquid solution for application.
they are not too tricky to fit.

I’ve just ordered them from the Club Shop.. hopefully I can fit successfully next week.
It’s a shame VW don’t just charge us a fortune to add this as another option!

I’ve just ordered them from the Club Shop.. hopefully I can fit successfully next week.
They used to come as part of the chrome pack - has that changed on the 6.1?

You’ll be fine. Remove the trim as required and hold them in place on the pillar with masking tape to get them in the correct place, then work from top down.

Don’t think there is anyway of getting them factory fitted to a Beach now. I think they used to be part of the Exterior Pack on the Beach a few years back?
@Amarillo did you have the exterior pack? H7 headlights / Fogs / Black mirrors and handles?