Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

how to fix the microswith in the water tap

Peter V

Peter V

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hello Folks
As staded I have no water comming outof the tap , only at 20 times on/of it comes out
with the shower engaged atteh back the water comes out , so this means the pump is ok.
I suspect the microswitch , car is 3 year old so no warranty (allready contacted the garage)
I am leaving onmy summer holiday in 3 weeks so a quick fix needed...( I first need to make appointment in garage to see wat is wrong before they can order parts , and then onother appointment for fixing , so 3 weeks will not be enough for them to fix my problem ,as a standard maintenance appointement is allready 1 month waiting time...)
any help apreciated
cheers
Peter

great!!!!
I'll look in to that..
as I said if I switch on the tap 20 times , if I'm lucky it will run once ,so defenitly a bad contact , if it was completely broken , nothing would happen at all I think...
cheers
Peter

great!!!!
I'll look in to that..
as I said if I switch on the tap 20 times , if I'm lucky it will run once ,so defenitly a bad contact , if it was completely broken , nothing would happen at all I think...
cheers
Peter
I had the same problem and i tried with the micro switch but it fell apart, so i threw
it and ordered a new tap, it was easier for me to fit a new tap.

We also had the same problem with a new tap and decided to put in a push button switch which works every time
well that's the way I did it in the end....2hour diy job and 8 euro's for the waterproof switch (from a shop , not e-bay)
I first took apart the tap and shorely , yes the microswitch was wet and what a flimsy design...when mounting the right part back on , something went wrong , and the microswitch fell apart...no way I could re-assemble the 2mm parts...I tought a new one will do the same in a matter of time , cut the power lines and solderd a new push button wtarproof switch on ot , drilled a 16mm hole in top right (I would have prefferd more higher in the right corner , but if you look from under the sink , this plase is just not acceseble , without dismanteling the whole sink...)fixed the switch with some silicone , just to be shore..hope this will fix it for a looooong time..
thanx for the help fella's
cheers
Peter

wf1.jpg

wf2.jpg

Just fixed this problem today and it was the tap microswitch. Turn the tap on and you can hear the switch operating but no water. If you left the tap on occasionally the water would come on but it was very intermittent. Removed the fuse, pulled the knob off carefully and with a bit of emery paper cleaned the contacts on both sides. It's a bit fiddly as it's difficult to see but if you are careful and patient it works, 30 min job, now working great

Just fixed this problem today and it was the tap microswitch. Turn the tap on and you can hear the switch operating but no water. If you left the tap on occasionally the water would come on but it was very intermittent. Removed the fuse, pulled the knob off carefully and with a bit of emery paper cleaned the contacts on both sides. It's a bit fiddly as it's difficult to see but if you are careful and patient it works, 30 min job, now working great
Mine’s been in the dealers today for ‘tap not working’ issue. Seems it’s the pump this time. Micro switch last time. Anyhow spotted a new tap unit on the new Ocean in the showroom. Wonder if this is more reliable?FCE8E361-63E2-459C-9A25-20D3B54C9625.jpeg

Mine’s been in the dealers today for ‘tap not working’ issue. Seems it’s the pump this time. Micro switch last time. Anyhow spotted a new tap unit on the new Ocean in the showroom. Wonder if this is more reliable?View attachment 48103
I would think that it has the same micro switch, just a different lever.

Mine’s been in the dealers today for ‘tap not working’ issue. Seems it’s the pump this time. Micro switch last time. Anyhow spotted a new tap unit on the new Ocean in the showroom. Wonder if this is more reliable?View attachment 48103
It certanly looks to be a bit more solid to me ...full stainles?? somebody oght to dismantel one in the show room and take a pic of the microswitch ..lol

My Cali tap microswitch failed during our recent trip, so used the shower switch work round.
Now I'm home I looking at cleaning the switch first before purchasing a new tap. One question, how do you lever off the handle? Tried and tried but I worried a brute force technique with broken the handle.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Back