Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No water from tap

Niborn

Niborn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all , water flow from tap in sink started behaving strange yesterday, full on water , then nothing then water and now nothing full time .

Also before this my control panel water level indicators were not working on both the clean and waste water for sometime , in fact since I got the van from new last June , then a while ago the clean water tank was able to show full or level one .

I filled up the tank before we left and it quickly went to level one , but there must of been loads of water in it because we hardly used it , then problem started .

Wonder if anyone has a quick fix idea ? Seems like the pump simply isn’t working to me , but I might be missing something more simple ?

Appreciate any comments/ ideas

, but there must of been loads of water in it because we hardly used it , then problem started .
Are you sure theres water in it, the seal on the drain tap for the tank does not always seal very well & you could have lost it a;;.

Do you get any noise when trying the tap, if theres no water you should still be able to hear the pump running.

Are you sure theres water in it, the seal on the drain tap for the tank does not always seal very well & you could have lost it a;;.

Do you get any noise when trying the tap, if theres no water you should still be able to hear the pump running.
There has been several T6 owners who have had an issue with a similar description as yours. Make a warranty claim through the dealer.

I had an intermittent fault with the tap which eventually stopped working while on holiday, I was able to confirm that the pump was ok by trying the shower attachment (if you have one) which worked fine (it runs off the same pump). If I remember correctly by engaging the pump via the shower switch the tap worked.

I took mine to the dealer and informed them of the above, they then changed the pump, found this didn't fix the problem and then changed the tap - problem solved.

Thank you , it’s new so I hope the seals are good , it shows there is some there and nothing seems to leak out ....before I do anything , even add more water I’ll call the dealer ...

There has been several T6 owners who have had an issue with a similar description as yours. Make a warranty claim through the dealer.

I had an intermittent fault with the tap which eventually stopped working while on holiday, I was able to confirm that the pump was ok by trying the shower attachment (if you have one) which worked fine (it runs off the same pump). If I remember correctly by engaging the pump via the shower switch the tap worked.

I took mine to the dealer and informed them of the above, they then changed the pump, found this didn't fix the problem and then changed the tap - problem solved.
I’ll try this idea of using the shower and I’ll make a claim on the warranty ,thanks very much

The rubber hose can come of the pump , inside the watertank that is ...
Do you hear the pump running ?

Open the lid in the bottom of the large wardrobe and check things out ....
or go the dealer...

Mine showed same symptoms booked in for new tap /micro switch. Seem to be a few failures on T6 tap being reported

Mine showed same symptoms booked in for new tap /micro switch. Seem to be a few failures on T6 tap being reported
Have they changed the Tap for the T6? As you said it seems to be a common problem.

Have they changed the Tap for the T6? As you said it seems to be a common problem.
It looks the same as the one on my t5 but wondering if there has been a quality control / supplier issue
T5 used for best part of 5 years T6 not a year old yet and has failed - used the same

Thank you everyone for the comments , I have booked it in at the Dealers on 6th Dec, EuroVans Crawley, they have given me a timed slot ,, 8am , which they will use to look for the problem and then get it on order if required the same day , as cannot ordered anything now in preparation. I want / need to use the Cali I will need to come back again the following week to get it fitted.

They were helpful on the phone , but said they have not heard of any problems with the water system / pumps / taps etc.

It will be my first experience of VW after sales service generally and this garages service department. .

Last edited:
Hi all ,

Little update

I’m in for a fault service on Wednesday, just tested the shower as recommended on this thread and yes it works , but tap still doesn’t .....guess then it’s a faulty tap sensor ?

Good to hear , changing the tap/sensor is no big deal .
Hope they sort you out.

Thanks ....I’m surprised for some reason it was the pump ....

Still on this subject my last visit to my dealer didn't sort the problem, so I'm trying again booked in for next Tuesday 15th .. they have this time ordered a tap . They will look at the wiring if that doesn't work out .

Hi, 'By accident' I found that the 5 amp (orange) Fuse for the Water Tap is under the Passenger seat (A UK VW California T5) . Turning seat 90 Degrees then pushing it back helped with access. Looking towards back of vehicle this fuse was was in the second column of fuses from the right. In that column working from the back of the vehicle was Orange, Orange, Blue. It was the Middle one (orange) that was the fuse for the water tap. Found this when playing around, having to replace the water tap for the second time in 3 years.

This (and a few other threads) were of great help, as I've had 3 different issues already with the water system in the California. I've learned a few things as I fixed all of them, including replacing the water pump myself, so I decided to document it all in case it helps others in the future. Here's a first guide on how to identify which problem you are actually experiencing: https://medium.com/@maxi-mizer/fix-vw-california-ocean-coast-kitchen-water-issues-43a19d0d893a

I hope it helps!

Back