Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water tap not working

A

andreasa

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
Hi,

I tried fixing the water tap by grinding the micro switch with sandpaper but it did not work. I am not very good at fixing electrical problems and I assume the pump might be the problem then. Is there someone on the forum who has had similar issues in Norway and could suggest a place where they fix things like that? To my knowledge there is no car dealers selling VW California so I assume there are not many places one could go and get help with camping equipment problems in Norway.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Andreas

Do you have the factory fitted shower?

Hi,

I tried fixing the water tap by grinding the micro switch with sandpaper but it did not work. I am not very good at fixing electrical problems and I assume the pump might be the problem then. Is there someone on the forum who has had similar issues in Norway and could suggest a place where they fix things like that? To my knowledge there is no car dealers selling VW California so I assume there are not many places one could go and get help with camping equipment problems in Norway.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Andreas
On my travels in Norway there were plenty of places that sold/hired Motorhomes. They use similar systems taps/water pumps. They might be able to help.

Hi,

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Andreas
I had the pump stop on mine when I got it after not being used for a while.

The intake propeller on the bottom of the pump had seized and caused the fuse the to blow. I opened the water tank and spun the propeller to ensure it could move. Changed the fuse and was all working again. Now I just ensure to run the tap every so often to stop a buildup from forming on the propeller shaft.

If that is your issue it's an easy fix.... Once you have got into the water tank. There are tips on here plus a tool in the shop. I used an old set of measuring calipers.

I had the pump stop on mine when I got it after not being used for a while.

The intake propeller on the bottom of the pump had seized and caused the fuse the to blow. I opened the water tank and spun the propeller to ensure it could move. Changed the fuse and was all working again. Now I just ensure to run the tap every so often to stop a buildup from forming on the propeller shaft.

If that is your issue it's an easy fix.... Once you have got into the water tank. There are tips on here plus a tool in the shop. I used an old set of measuring calipers.
Thanks. The fuse did not blow but I will see if that could cause it.

On my travels in Norway there were plenty of places that sold/hired Motorhomes. They use similar systems taps/water pumps. They might be able to help.
Good idea! I do not know why I did not think of that. I will call one of them and ask for help. Thanks!