Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to turn off the car alarm

Sonas

Sonas

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I will be traveling on a ferry in the next few weeks and wondered if I need to turn off the alarm. If so, how do I do it.

Thanks for your help

Sonas

No sure on your left hand drive but with ours; have the drivers door open, press the button on the B pillar at seat level.

No sure on your left hand drive but with ours; have the drivers door open, press the button on the B pillar at seat level.
Thanks for your reply. I can't find a button on the B pillar. I have a beach by the way. There is always a flashing light on the drivers side (Left) door that appears when locked. Is this what you mean.

This button....taken from inside the back, B pillar and back of drivers seat showing...

IMG_2774.jpg

Open drivers door, press button once to Amber colour (from red), close door, press lock on remote once. Enjoy ferry ride. Jobs a good en.

I went from Santander to Plymouth last month and the bay of biscay was super choppy. No alarm went off. No flat battery.

Winner.

Open drivers door, press button once to Amber colour (from red), close door, press lock on remote once. Enjoy ferry ride. Jobs a good en.

I went from Santander to Plymouth last month and the bay of biscay was super choppy. No alarm went off. No flat battery.

Winner.
Great stuff thank you. Ill try it later.

Winner.
That doesn't work for me Im afraid. No amber lights just normal door locking

I have a 2017/18 Beach. I have tried some of the suggestion above, but I don't get an amber light on the door button. I open the door,I press the fob once , I close the door . Nothing! no indicator as to weather the alarm is off, in fact it just flashes red. What am I doing wrong.

If you have pressed the pillar button and locked it, the led on the drivers door doesn’t start flashing for 30 seconds

Hi Sonas. I just posted on another similar thread about my own situation.. my 2006 T5 SE doesn't have the B pillar button either. I'm also taking a ferry soon so I'm hoping somebody will have some helpful advice for those of us without the magic button..!

Hi Sonas. I just posted on another similar thread about my own situation.. my 2006 T5 SE doesn't have the B pillar button either. I'm also taking a ferry soon so I'm hoping somebody will have some helpful advice for those of us without the magic button..!
Given you are looking for a fairly specific issue, you might be better off starting a new thread, such as "2006 T5 alarm disabling, Help!"

Thanks for the reply. I thought I was pretty much "on song" with Sonas in that neither of us have the B pillar button but I'll start a new thread anyway. I'm a newbie so very happy to take your advice! Thanks

If you don't have a button on the B-pilar there's no interieur alarm , and if you have a LHD (in Switserland ) the button is or should be on the left B-pilar

If you don't have a button on the B-pilar there's no interieur alarm , and if you have a LHD (in Switserland ) the button is or should be on the left B-pilar
I think this came up once before. People with a MY17 Beach, if they took the option of 2 "free" rigid keys, the B pillar button and motion sensors were deleted without notification.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I think this came up once before. People with a MY17 Beach, if they took the option of 2 "free" rigid keys, the B pillar button and motion sensors were deleted without notification.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu
If the interior sensors were deleted so there was no ultrasonic detection, then I wonder if the vehicle would not meet the Thatcham Cat 1 criteria?

Thanks. But what then is the flashing light on the button of the drivers door ?.I have that but no button on the B pillar.

Thanks. But what then is the flashing light on the button of the drivers door ?.I have that but no button on the B pillar.
Picture might help .

• Agree
Reactions: Sad