Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

How to use the torch?

Koops

Koops

Vehicle
Looking to buy
my new T6 ocean was delivered yesterday and am really pleased with it; glad I decided not to go with the Marco-Polo now :).
Anyway, there is a small torch in a holder at the base of the drivers seat. I can turn the torch off and on when in the holder and using the separate switch, but when I remove the torch it won’t turn on. I’ve left the torch charging overnight (well the Cali connected to mains overnight) but pressing the switch on the torch still doesn’t work. Is it defective (no battery?) or am I being thick?!

my new T6 ocean was delivered yesterday and am really pleased with it; glad I decided not to go with the Marco-Polo now :).
Anyway, there is a small torch in a holder at the base of the drivers seat. I can turn the torch off and on when in the holder and using the separate switch, but when I remove the torch it won’t turn on. I’ve left the torch charging overnight (well the Cali connected to mains overnight) but pressing the switch on the torch still doesn’t work. Is it defective (no battery?) or am I being thick?!

Have a look at this thread, it may help.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/torch-nightlight-on-front-seat-base.24450/
There are several folk who suffered the 'non-working torch' issue on new Californias, including myself until I got a replacement.

You just need to change the three AAA rechargeable batteries in it. The ones the supply seem to be faulty at the moment.

Back