Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Hymer cape town

C

cadger

Hi has any Cali owners looked at the Hymer cape town as a equivalent to the california? they tell me that there will be a RHD model in 2015. it has some advantages I can think off (bigger beds,bigger fidge, more head room,toilet,outside shower) and some disadavantages (not VW build,manuel roof,limted storage space) but over all most be a serious competitor was just wondering what your views are, prices seam to be similar
http://www.hymercar.com/en/models/hymer ... 80dBfldXTp

I'd have to see one in the flesh to really know, but sleeping comfortably on a traditional rock n roll bed which meets safety standards as a seat is no longer practical, so this van represents a step forward.
No electric roof = huge bonus.

I do shudder when I see the bed materials stacked up on top of the units - seems like with a little more thought they could have found stowage

johnyboy said:
I do shudder when I see the bed materials stacked up on top of the units - seems like with a little more thought they could have found stowage
Totally agree it does look naf but maybe its designed that if you dont use the downstairs bed you leave the bed material at home ,then you have a lot more worktop space (dont know)

I couldn't see a downstairs bed... Looks rubbish to me. Loses the day to day driver flexibility that the Cali has. Think of the massive boot space lost in that conversion that you have in the Cali. The rear kitchen looks a bit impractical as well can you really stand up that far back?

Read in a campermagazine recently , Hymer will no longer produce the Cape Town as it was not a suc6.....end of story

Seems to have disappeared off the website? I have seen it in the past though.

The Cali has the flexibility to be a day to day vehicle and it is easy (when looking photos at these type of conversions taken with fish eye lenses) to overlook the benefits of the ingenious chair and table storage that leaves the interior uncluttered.

Back