Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I am thinking about adding 360 3D camera system. But can it be integrated with existing headunit?

Alan Andrews

Alan Andrews

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hello Tech gurus.

I am keen that all members of my family have opportunity to use the California.

To this end, I am trying to make the driving as convenient and assistive as possible.

I already have a rear view camera and blind spot radar, but am now looking at a 360 degree 3D camera system to aid parking and to avoid hard to spot bollards etc.

My question is whether I will be able to integrate the video feed with my existing Composition Media head unit, or whether the VW electronics will prevent this?

To add the VW rear camera we just plugged in two wires to the main headunit plug.

Or will it be better to buy an additional display that will be dedicated to the new 360 camera system?

Many thanks

Hello Tech gurus.

To this end, I am trying to make the driving as convenient and assistive as possible.

I already have a rear view camera and blind spot radar, but am now looking at a 360 degree 3D camera system to aid parking and to avoid hard to spot bollards etc.

My question is whether I will be able to integrate the video feed with my existing Composition Media head unit, or whether the VW electronics will prevent this?

To add the VW rear camera we just plugged in two wires to the main headunit plug.

Or will it be better to buy an additional display that will be dedicated to the new 360 camera system?

Many thanks
Additional Display. The VW ICE system is heavily tied into the vehicle electronics and I would have thought it would be simpler using a separate system with main power maybe from the Leisure electrical system.

Hello Tech gurus.

Many thanks

Alan, check out a few threads on T6F - here's one that I bookmarked as I also have this on my to-do list

and something close here -

Will give you ideas on what you can do. Don't think any of them are compatible with the head unit.