Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I most regret buying ..........

Club shop: £65 of aluminium with angle glued on, with some plastic angle to glue into the wardrobe
1596466815026.png

...and yet I love mine! They are most useful when parked and both Windows are just lowered a little, letting some fresh air in but not the rain. I always have the windows open at night. I rarely have the windows open when driving as I rely on the aircon to do its work; very little extra noise whilst driving.
Totally agree - liked them so much on the VW I got some for my little Fiesta too - do like a little “fresh” air whilst driving without spits of rain getting in.

...and yet I love mine! They are most useful when parked and both Windows are just lowered a little, letting some fresh air in but not the rain. I always have the windows open at night. I rarely have the windows open when driving as I rely on the aircon to do its work; very little extra noise whilst driving.
Same here, never had a problem with them.

That’s odd - we fit ours when travelling overseas and remove them on our return. We have never had a problem with them falling off and have driven through Holland, Belgium and down into Germany on a few occasions. Sorry you had bad luck with them. Anyone else had any issues?
No issues for us.

That’s odd - we fit ours when travelling overseas and remove them on our return. We have never had a problem with them falling off and have driven through Holland, Belgium and down into Germany on a few occasions. Sorry you had bad luck with them. Anyone else had any issues?
That's what I had intended. They just didn't seem to sit properly - they were original VW ones. Must he user error on my part then. But thinking about it, I did get a biffed by something (as in road rubbish) on the autoroute - so maybe that dislodged them?

Im sure some wont share my view but i like to press on and its very noticeable to me and spoils the refinement of a T6 imo. I had the ones that fit between the glass and the outer seal.
I really like the wind deflectors, mostly for ventilation when raining which it doesna fair bit in Scotland

Our most expensive disaster was a drive away awning. This was sold as "an easy to put up" awning from Vango, one of their "air" types. In short: a pain to put up, pain to take down, pain to dry out, pain in any strong wind, blocked the view from the van and a pain to store. Sold it with a great sigh of relief! Will never have another. All the more awnings left for those that like them.

Top regrettable buy is a ‘big’ porta potti. It was going cheap (unused!) but it’s too big. I should have paid more and bought the smaller potti!

Second most - I bought the topper for the outside of the roof tent. I just can’t be bothered to use it. We have the inner expensive topper which is brilliant. I didn’t need a second, pain-in-the-bum-to-use topper.

Such is life.
Which inner topper did you buy please ?

Which inner topper did you buy please ?
the brandrup iso top inner. Bought it from the club shop.

It was a little time consuming to get installed but it is great. The only negative is that it cuts the natural light during the day but it’s well worth it for having our boys sleeping in a bit!

Oh I didn’t know they’re the only ones- but yes that’s the one we’ve got.
They are not the only ones, there’s a Spanish company Thais that makes an alternative & comfort used to make one.

Back