Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Over Scandinavia, into St. Petersburg back to UK

S

salhasan

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi guys,

I am hoping to get some tips from all you experienced Cali owners out there.

I am planning a trip over Scandinavia, driving over France, Netherlands and Denmark into Norway - Sweden - Finland then into St. Petersburg end of April begining of May. I am hoping to catch a boat either from StP or Helsinki back to Germany and drive back from there.

My Cali is currently armed with a porta-potti, usual cooking stuff, a portable bbq, a waterproof hood for the roof, mattress topper for lower bed and that is all.

Any tips on additional camping/cooking/shower gear that you would recommend, driving conditions in Scandinavia in April may, routes, any camping sites?

For example, my fuse for interior lights blew recently and I couldn't work out which one to change. What have people done as backup to fuses, lights, flat battery, flat tyre etc?

Coule more points for touring: gas for cooking available in Europe?

I have discovered that the 3 mobile phone network allows cheap roaming in scandinavia so I will use my phone and possible a wireless broadband option with 3 to have internet on the trip for general use.

I am hoping to either have a facebook or instagram page to post updates so please let me know if you are interested in keeping track!

Try to follow this ...also hoping to go up Norht soon , maybe this year .
From,what i have read from may it is nicer wether , no?
As for the blue gasbottels , in Europe you sure find them , in scandinavie..? Guess so...
Best take a spare one , and to have a small emergency kit with : bulbs ,fuses ( the big one under the seat!) , spare whipers , tyre repair kit , small compressor or handpump,....
Phonenumbers from forummembers with technical knowleadge is olso handy;)

Hi T
Try to follow this ...also hoping to go up Norht soon , maybe this year .
From,what i have read from may it is nicer wether , no?
As for the blue gasbottels , in Europe you sure find them , in scandinavie..? Guess so...
Best take a spare one , and to have a small emergency kit with : bulbs ,fuses ( the big one under the seat!) , spare whipers , tyre repair kit , small compressor or handpump,....
Phonenumbers from forummembers with technical knowleadge is olso handy;)

I am hoping to head out at the end of April so would be good to keep in touch. Thank you for the tips, getting ready for the trip at the moment! :)

Small Fuel Jerry Can for that time it's further than you think to the next fuel station.

Back