Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

Grant5

Grant5

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I was due to collect my T6 Ocean this Friday and I’ve just received an email for my Dealer informing me that VW are not allowing any passenger carrying diesel vehicle to be registered until further notice......No reason why and no hint of a timeline. I have since spoken to the Dealer and he doesn’t know any additional information.

Absolutely gutted as my entire Xmas was planned around having the vehicle.

I’ve been a loyal VW customer for many years but my patience are now starting to wear thin

Yeah that was my first thought but no one has informed me with a reason.

Have VW Customer Service been contacted?

That news seemed to relate to the Multivan and only to orders to German dealers.

I expect more news will come out in the coming days/weeks if you've had communication from a UK dealer.

I'd be tempted to call VW head office for an update.

As per WG definitely phone and maybe email VW Germany.
If emissions would have thought all Transporters as they share same engines.

Definitely phone, copy with email.

That's big news.

Real downer - can they loan you a Cail demo van over Christmas or pay for a hotel

Just spoke to VW (Commercial) Customer Services. Bizarrely, the gentleman I spoke to knew nothing about this issue. He has gone off to investigate it further

I would’ve thought that being the big news that it is, VW CS would know something about it???

Might be connected to the real time on road emission level figure as will be used after April 1st 2018 in UK.

Doesn't apply to commercial vans.

Just spoke to VW (Commercial) Customer Services. Bizarrely, the gentleman I spoke to knew nothing about this issue. He has gone off to investigate it further

I would’ve thought that being the big news that it is, VW CS would know something about it???

If he is the same gentleman that rang me cheerily up to ask was I completely satisfied my vehicle faults had been rectified and the vehicle back with me, then no surprise.

He also toodled off to investigate further after I told him that the vehicle faults, intermittent as they were, had become chronic and the vehicle was back in the garage and had been for the last 12 days.

I am sure that this reassurance that one hand has no idea what the other is doing has little comfort for you. I hope it is just a blip and business as usual in the next couple of days. I doubt if bitterly disappointed even comes close to how you must be feeling right now. I do hope it all resolves itself and you have a christmas of smiles.

I have just spoken to our contact at VWCC and as mentioned above they are were not originally aware of this however they have received quite a few phone calls today about it and are awaiting an update from the brand department.

They did also mention that a dedicated helpline is currently being set up for people to call but this is not active yet.o_O

We've got caught in this as well. At the dealership, but can't collect! Manager at van centre was very helpful but his hands are tied. VW call centre "don't know what's going on at the moment". Tried my luck with VW Commercial Chat Help - they offered to call my dealership so investigate what the issues is... :headbang

I was due to collect my T6 Ocean this Friday and I’ve just received an email for my Dealer informing me that VW are not allowing any passenger carrying diesel vehicle to be registered until further notice......No reason why and no hint of a timeline. I have since spoken to the Dealer and he doesn’t know any additional information.

Absolutely gutted as my entire Xmas was planned around having the vehicle.

I’ve been a loyal VW customer for many years but my patience are now starting to wear thin
Hi Grant
This is regarding emissions. There was a story broken by Der spiegel on 8th Dec (you can find it on the net)
in which they state that deliveries of all T6 vans to german dealers have been stopped.
We are due to take delivery of our california in Jan and our dealer has said that he has not been told anything about the situation.
I have phoned VWCV customer care and the emissions helpline and they claim to know nothing as well.
It is very concerning that noone seems to know what is going on
Please let us know of any developments

Regards
Chris

I'm due to collect my new Beach tomorrow and was contacted by the dealer to say there "might" be a problem though he thought it might be sorted out today, and he'd ring me back today. I've heard nothing more but it is sounding like this is going to be a big problem. So so frustrated as this is our second false start.... we were due to get our van in September but VW misbuilt it so we had to decline delivery. Starting to think our Cali ownership isn't meant to be!!

My brother in law was due to pick up his Beach on Thursday but have received an email from the dealer to say they will not be able to register it with DVLA and they could not give any more information at this time, this was an early Xmas gift to themselves and to say they are gutted is an under statement.

I'm due to be picking mine up early/mid January - I hope they resolve the issue soon whatever it is, presumably VW are still manufacturing them at the moment...

Wonder if they will consider offering an incentive to have a petrol instead. If they give me another £5K discount to offset the cost of a few years of fuel I would probably go for it. I think if it does turn out to be another scandal I would be within my rights to cancel my order.

Really taking the edge off :(

Tom

Just found this German news article posted today :

https://www.auto-medienportal.net/artikel/detail/42582

Translates to :

After problems with increased exhaust gas values, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (VWN) has stopped the delivery of the T6 with diesel engines and car registration. As the company announced, the vehicles should be available again from mid-February 2018.

Volkswagen has developed a solution to comply with certain technical measurement and limit values of vehicles from ongoing series production. However, this must pass through necessary test, confirmation and official procedures. It will take about six to eight weeks, according to VWN, until the vehicles ready for delivery can be equipped with optimized software.

At the beginning of next year, Volkswagen will also clarify to what extent T6, which has already been sold, should also be equipped with the new software as part of a service campaign. (Ampnet / jri)

Think they need to get the UK people updated pronto, both customers & staff.

Surely this is breach of contract and you should be entitled to a refund of your deposit and/or compensation for loss of amenity.

Volkswagen will also clarify to what extent T6, which has already been sold, should also be equipped with the new software as part of a service campaign.

less MPG more adblue - increased running cost that will be the question ???? So my Cali is not what I thought I bought

Last edited:
Back