Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

** Important News: New Vehicle Registrations on Hold

If this is all true (witch seems so) it's really a blame to the governements punishing people who worked hard to buy a expencive verhicle and have no influence in the proces.....
The big manufacturars will again sit aside and play with others money!
Shame on VW and the governements !

Once again the emissions target imposed by the EU has resulted in another failure by VW. Who is to blame? The EU for imposing unrealistic targets before the manufacturers can invent new engine design or German government owned companies ignoring rules and being allowed to ignore their customers? One thing for sure is no one will be any the wiser when this debacle is ended.

Real downer - can they loan you a Cail demo van over Christmas or pay for a hotel
@Meoncoast I e-mailed the dealer and posed the question. Unfortunately, he recently sold the demonstrator and cannot register the new demonstrator due to this new issue

Optimised software...???
Does that mean less power, more ad blu usage and further frequent dpf regens.

Worrying...

We had a VW Touran TDI which was subject to software fix. Result was no loss of power and no change noticeable either driving or consumption. That said it appears VW have done themselves no favours by their arrogance yet again. Sad.

This is bad, very bad news. The compounds are full nothing leaves factory

Does make you wonder how many prospective customers will cancel their orders as a result of this news.

The lack of information is staggering.

We requested March 2018 delivery/registration (we don't want or need it until then) - the dealer told me that VW would want to charge me a premium for delaying it if it arrived with them in Jan/Feb.
(Strange that when we ordered our first T6 it was ok to get it registered March 2016)

I wonder if they'll push for the premium now?

If he is the same gentleman that rang me cheerily up to ask was I completely satisfied my vehicle faults had been rectified and the vehicle back with me, then no surprise.

He also toodled off to investigate further after I told him that the vehicle faults, intermittent as they were, had become chronic and the vehicle was back in the garage and had been for the last 12 days.

I am sure that this reassurance that one hand has no idea what the other is doing has little comfort for you. I hope it is just a blip and business as usual in the next couple of days. I doubt if bitterly disappointed even comes close to how you must be feeling right now. I do hope it all resolves itself and you have a christmas of smiles.
Thanks @GrannyJen, I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed for a positive outcome

It is a disgrace.

The good news is that when you all finally get your hands on a bright, new California you are getting your hands on the very best vehicle there is to deliver dreams and smiles.

The bad news is that in owning one you are dealing with a bunch of arrogant wankers.

Fortunately, the vehicle rides above it all.

I'd imagine anyone selling a late T6 privately might be the only ones feeling this may be good news.

I appreciate the frustration, but it sounds to me like something has just come to light (or was about to come out) and they’re taking prompt action to resolve it.

People have now started going to jail over the previous emissions debacle so no doubt manufacturers are on higher alert - a ballsy move by whoever pulled the plug on further deliveries, and must’ve been a rush job if they’ve not got either the internal or external comms in place yet to deal with it.

No point speculating on the fix, but software controls everything on a modern engine & the last update has improved my mpg and start/stop - long may it continue.

Sorry for those who had their plans made for Christmas deliveries, lets hope it’s a quick fix.

Last edited:
Hopefully when I contact eurovans tomorrow, they'll have some answers. Originally I didn't want my van until March, but having been told that it has been built, I've been getting really excited. Can only imagine what it feels like thinking you were going to have it for Christmas only to be let down at the last minute.

Looks like it might be March after all if the translated article above is correct.

Bright side, the weather will be better for its first trip.

So glad I have the 2.5, five pot engine. Notice some recent T6's have egr valve problems.
Could this be related to other VW vehicles that have had problems with egr valves after software upgrade.
Sorry for everyone who will be waiting.
But after the front roof panel debacle they are a bunch of wankers at MK
Happy Christmas everyone

Well this is all a bit depressing really. We've not even got a build date yet (not even provisional) after ordering in late October, so we have absolutely no idea how long it will be now.

This kind of problem just shouldn't happen these days, but it does make me wonder that if they are getting the vehicles re-tested, does that mean they will also have a RDE (real driving emissions) certificate too, which may help with the 1st April road tax first year hike announced by the chancellor?

It said the EU has started implementing this from 1st September 17, so I guess we will have to wait and see

Hopefully when I contact eurovans tomorrow, they'll have some answers. Originally I didn't want my van until March, but having been told that it has been built, I've been getting really excited. Can only imagine what it feels like thinking you were going to have it for Christmas only to be let down at the last minute.
Do you know if your van has arrived at your dealer or if it is stuck in Germany until this is resolved?

I can't imagine VW will be able to keep production going for that long if all the diesel units are to be held back. Or maybe they can?

Dear Mr Farmer, can we rent some of your fields?

@Joker 1299, that’s my thoughts also

Having given it more thought, perhaps you need to establish what the contractual position is. I suspect that your contract is with the dealer who will have a separate contract with VW. The position might be different if the dealer is acting as your agent in your contract with VW. Legal advice needed I think.

Why? I can't imagine that anyone in the chain has contractually committed to a specific delivery date? - everything is an estimate, for exactly these kind of reasons.

@Blue Juice has posted a press article link above saying they've found a problem, created a software fix, and it's now going to take 6-8 weeks to get it certified & retrofitted to as-yet unregistered vehicles. A further stage will then be to identify & then apply to any affected earlier T6s, presumably as per recent 'product enhancement' update, though this does sound more like it'll be a recall as perhaps more 'serious'.

Some people are going to have their estimated delivery date delayed (I'd be livid) into February & VW have handled communications badly so far, but there's no need to go full Ally McBeal.

Last edited:
Does make you wonder how many prospective customers will cancel their orders as a result of this news.

The lack of information is staggering.

We requested March 2018 delivery/registration (we don't want or need it until then) - the dealer told me that VW would want to charge me a premium for delaying it if it arrived with them in Jan/Feb.
(Strange that when we ordered our first T6 it was ok to get it registered March 2016)

I wonder if they'll push for the premium now?
Good Morning Blondbier
As you say the lack of info is staggering.
Yesterday afternoon our dealer was unaware of any problem
We also did not want our cali until mar/april but it arrived in November. No premium was mentioned but the price increase was. Anyway we managed to put delivery off until the beginning of January and maintain the price.
I am afraid I am cynical and feel that the sudden shortening in the production/delivery was part of this situation.
I also wonder what will happen if customers start to cancel orders.
However, this is not our first cali and we are aware that there are few alternatives if you do not buy a new one

Chris

Just spoke to my Brother in law and he phoned dealer at 9.00am and has been given offer to cancel if he wants and he will receive his deposit back. Still no more information on the situation though.

Anyway we managed to put delivery off until the beginning of January and maintain the price.
That's really frustrating. So what now?

It sits in your dealers yard until VW push out a "campaign" update and the dealers "fixes" it so that it can be registered. Or has it already been registered and they can't release it until it's been "fixed"?

Have you paid any more than a deposit?

Feeling slightly depressed last night, I started trawling the classifieds, sank to a new low and ended up looking at Marco Polo's. :shocked

I feel better today thankfully.

Back